Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, Bicester.
YASA, a Mercedes Benz group company, is leading the way in EV Motor Revolution with YASA Axial Flux Technology. Our motor is more powerful, lighter, and smaller than the current technology used in competitor Electric Vehicles.
We supply a number of world-leading OEMs in the automotive industry with innovative powertrain solutions based on our axial-flux electric motors and controllers.
YASA’s culture, technology, and market opportunity attracts world-class talent. We are always looking for motivated people who enjoy the challenges and opportunities of working in a fast-growing company and who possess a strong ‘can-do’ attitude as part of a close team.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for Advanced Manufacturing Engineer to join the team. Reporting to our Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for developing, improving, and supporting the operations manufacturing processes and equipment to enable volume production of YASA products to our high-end customers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide detailed input to the product and manufacturing engineering teams to ensure overall design meets requirements for functionality and manufacture
- Support development of manufacturing processes and novel designs for new technology applications and materials
- Provide a key role in the initial tests, trials and assembly of prototype machines, feeding directly back into design improvements for manufacture
- Own and drive through robust Process FMEA analysis of the product design and process
- Write specifications and reports as required through the product lifecycle, utilising a structured approach to problem-solving techniques
- Liaise with key suppliers on design and development issues, resolve to the optimal solution and understand the compromises
- Proven previous experience in an automotive product design and manufacturing environment.
- Practical knowledge in the design, use, and application of electric machines
- Strong mechanical or electrical engineering background with the ability to apply knowledge to real-world situations.
- Deep understanding and use of FMEAs, 8Ds, and robust engineering practices
- Experienced in the reading and interpreting of 2D and 3D CAD models.
- Skilled in data analysis, data manipulation, and presentation
- Good understanding of materials and associated mechanical properties and processing.
- Confident with customers and suppliers with the ability to detail requirements and understand issues.
- Capable of challenging product design and processes and developing design solutions to practical challenges arising from new product design
- A flexible approach to work with the desire to thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Discretionary bonus / 28 days’ holiday / Pension scheme / Private medical plan with Bupa and 4 x death in service / Company car scheme / Other benefits include a cycle-to-work scheme, flexible working hours, and monthly social activities.
Please apply now for immediate consideration / Strictly no recruitment agencies