Senior Cost Estimator, Oxford.
YASA, a Mercedes Benz group company, is leading the way in EV Motor Revolution with YASA Axial Flux Technology. Our motor is more powerful, lighter, and smaller than the current technology used in competitor Electric Vehicles.
We supply a number of world-leading OEMs in the automotive industry with innovative powertrain solutions based on our axial-flux electric motors and controllers.
YASA’s culture, technology, and market opportunity attracts world-class talent. We are always looking for motivated people who enjoy the challenges and opportunities of working in a fast-growing company and who possess a strong ‘can-do’ attitude as part of a close team.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a Senior Cost Estimator to join the team. Reporting to our Project Proposal Manager, you will be responsible for providing cost estimates and reports for both material and NRE costs for commodities and capital expenditure to YASA.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To help deliver YASA profitability targets by supporting all cost-related activities, through data-driven input and decision making
- Liaise with stakeholders to develop cost estimates for new and current products, considering both piece price and tooling cost.
- Support the quote process by providing price and tooling cost estimates.
- Support buyers through the nomination process., ensuring that nomination is at the best cost and variance from target cost is clearly understood.
- Use cost estimates to challenge supplier assumptions to achieve the best cost solution for YASA.
- Liaise with the wider business to understand cost estimating tools and process used, integrating those that benefit this role.
- Challenge product costs assumption on an ongoing basis.
- Lead competitor product cost benchmarking activity as products become available.
- Support R&D with cost specialist knowledge when evaluating and selecting technical concepts.
- Support VAVE, continuous improvement and Kaizen activities
Skills and experience required:
- Ability to estimate a range of automotive power electronic and electromechanical components.
- Ability to demonstrate you are highly organised and methodical
- Results orientation with the ability to plan and deliver to deadlines.
- Experience of costing software and good understand of commercially available data to support the costing process.
- Experience of stakeholder management.
- Experience in supplier / customer relationship management.
- Appropriate IT skills including Excel PowerPoint and Word.
- Discretionary bonus / 28 days’ holiday / Pension scheme / Private medical plan with Bupa and 4 x death in service / Company car scheme / Other benefits include a cycle-to-work scheme, flexible working hours, and monthly social activities.
#YAREF185 / Please apply now for immediate consideration / Strictly no recruitment agencies