We bring sensing, analytics and engineering together. Part of the bp family since 2017, ONYX Insight is an award-winning global, renewable, ...View Company Profile
Global SME in the renewable energy sector
ONYX Insight is a global technology and engineering organization in the predictive analytics and machine health market. Our products and services include electronics for sensing machine health, cloud-based software, networking and connectivity, vibration diagnostics, and machine reliability consulting. These innovative software, hardware and consultancy services are trusted by our customers to manage asset health and reduce operating costs around the world.
Due to strong growth in our US market, we are now seeking an experienced Engineer in our Condition Monitoring service delivery team. Working as part of a global team of wind turbine health monitoring engineers and analysts, you will connect machinery to the cloud, ensure the prompt commencement of monitoring services for new customers and provide high-quality ongoing monitoring support.
· B.S. in one of the following engineering or related areas: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics
· Some industrial experience in a related sector
· Sound knowledge of dynamics of rotating machinery and engineering mathematics
· Python or Matlab programming experience
· Networking/connectivity knowledge, including large/automated data transfer, VPN technologies, and databases
· Strong communication skills – ability to develop and deliver presentations & condition monitoring reports, liaise effectively with customers and contribute to internal project meetings
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Comfortable with project management and client liaison
· Innovative approach to problem-solving
· Willing to learn new skills such as software packages and areas of engineering
· Able to work without close supervision in a flexible environment
· Ability to collaborate effectively with team members in our international offices
· The right to work in the US
Additional areas of knowledge that would be an advantage:
· Engineering or operations experience in wind turbines or other sector with large rotating machinery
· Condition monitoring, data mining or machine learning
· Vibration or structural analysis
· Signal processing, feature extraction, regression analysis
· Machine testing, measurement and data processing
· General mechanical engineering design and analysis
· Hands on machinery skills
· Masters/PhD degree in a relevant field
· Networking, routing and security
· Understanding databases, e.g. PostgreSQL, NoSQL, Parquet
· Scripting, e.g. Batch, Cron, Quartz
· Bash shell experience in CentOS, Fedora, or similar
· AWS tools such as S3, WorkSpaces, EC2, etc.
An attractive package is on offer including flexible working practices, bonus opportunity and a generous PTO allowance. Part of the BP Group, ONYX Insight is recognised as a Great Place to Work in the US & the UK, and operates out of 7 locations across the globe. We welcome applicants from under-represented groups in the STEM sector. You must have the right to work in the USA; we cannot respond to applicants who do not.