Job Location: BGC, Philippines
Reporting to: COO, APAC
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing, and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
As Engineering Manager, you will oversee the engineering for a group of wind and solar projects located at diversity of places in the country. Primary responsibilities will include providing technical input to site selection, production of project specifications, managing consultants and contractors and providing input to contract documents for projects in all Mainstream’s jurisdictions.
What You Will Do:
- Assessing and quantifying ground risk and other engineering factors to assist with site selection primarily within the Philippines or other APAC markets if required
- Developing CAPEX and OPEX assumptions associated with differing ground conditions and foundation types
- Development of specifications for development projects to provide the basis for Environmental Impact Assessment
- Specify, tender and manage onshore and offshore survey works, including bathymetric surveys, geophysical surveys and geotechnical investigation
- Management of contractors, subcontractors and partners
- Assist with the preparation of Construction Contribute to project scheduling/ budgeting and risk management
- Contribute to assembly of and quality assurance checks for contract documentation
- Selection, co-ordination and management of External Design Consultants
- Development of project schedules and project risk registers
- Development of Construction strategies
- Development of Procurement strategies
What We Require:
- Degree in Engineering (electrical or civil) with a minimum of 15 years of experience
- A broad range of management experience and a proven record in projects engineering and construction is essential
- Engineering and construction management experience in the renewable or electrical industry would be an advantage
- Experience on presenting to senior management at board level and be capable of managing internal and external resources with ease
- Experience in offshore wind site selection
- Knowledge of offshore wind foundation types, ground conditions interpretation and foundation, array cable and turbine installation procedures
- Knowledge of grid connection solutions for offshore wind
- Ability to translate engineering issues into CAPEX and OPEX assumptions
- Knowledge of the Offshore windfarm development and foundation design process
- Experience in geotechnical engineering is an advantage
- Experience in the preparation of construction contract documents
- Understanding of solar and wind turbine technology and the issues involved with grid connections
- Experience in the preparation of technical specifications and other technical documents
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and in particular, Health and Safety issues offshore
- Experience in tender/bid evaluation
- Experience in conducting technical and commercial negotiations with EPC contractors/grid Companies etc.
- IT literate
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Strong report writing skills
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Training opportunities
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance coverage and allowance where applicable
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!