Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Cyber Security Operations Lead to join our team. This is a hybrid role split between our site in Reading, and remote working. This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the Cyber Security strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
We would like you to:
- Monitor the IT estate to identify, detect and respond to cyber security events and incidents, including doing root cause analysis
- Perform threat hunting activities to identify threat patterns, potential weaknesses, and vulnerabilities within the Volta Trucks environment, and act or provide recommendations to mitigate security risks.
- Collaborate across the IT team for support on security incidents as well as ensure best practice security measures are built in to all our systems, and liaise with the wider business where necessary
- Liaise with outsourced MSSP to enable and configure optimal service provision by designing playbooks and interfaces between Volta Trucks and the MSSP. Act as the focal point and main interface within Volta Trucks for the MSSP for all operational security matters.
- Develop an understanding and continuously monitor the cyber threat landscape for Volta Trucks by providing threat intelligence alerts and reports for the security and wider technology and business teams.
- Lead vulnerability management efforts- Processes/procedures, Scanning, review of assessment results, and remediation activities of on-prem and cloud infrastructure/apps/services, metrics and KRI reporting.
We would like you to have:
- Working knowledge and experience of regulatory, industry and security compliance frameworks such as NIST, ISO 27001, SOC2 and GDPR
- Working knowledge of common information systems such as Azure Active Directory, Networking, Secure application development principles and Cloud security
- Confident and experienced with Microsoft Defender across the whole Microsoft 365 stack
- Experience managing Endpoint security policies, protocols and processes
- Experience working in a Security Operations Centre (SOC)
Our Culture and Valued Behaviors
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change- comfortably uncomfortable
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.