Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, are looking for an Integration Architect to join our team. This role will be split between our offices in Reading (~1 or 2 days max per week) and remote working.
The IT and EA function at Volta is relatively new with the IT leadership team only recently established. Joining at the beginning of this journey, you will have the opportunity to design and influence architecture choices as the organisation grows.
This role would suit a candidate who is used to working with autonomy, with a wide range of stakeholders across product, services and IT, in a flexible and rapidly changing environment, building solutions and governance from the ground up.
Reporting to the Enterprise Architect you will:
- Develop, own and communicate an organisation-wide Integration and Orchestration capability and target architecture to support
Develop and embed any approaches or strategies, patterns, principles, and blueprints to enable the systems at Volta to work consecutively and effectively together with best practices such as simplification, abstraction and reuse in mind
Work closely with the Head of Data Management to design the data integration components in accordance with the emerging data architecture roadmap, creating data models to visualise the integrations
Contribute to the development of the overarching Enterprise Architecture roadmap
Capture and catalogue any integration need as Volta evolves and provide ongoing governance for the integration architecture
Keep up to date with new and emerging services from integration technology vendors and establish how they can be used within the business
We would like you to have:
- Proven experience working with a range of integration models, patterns, technologies and best practice. A strong understanding and opinions on how integration has evolved from an on-premise centralised function towards being a digital, cloud and API-driven capability
- Deep experience of SOA, Microservices, API, Federation and event driven architecture, including experience designing an API strategy and introducing APIs into an ecosystem
- Experience working closely with Data Architects and using data principles, approaches and technologies, such as ETL, data mastering, data modelling, warehousing and mining
- Experience with Cloud-based integration technologies and platforms
- Experience of Architecture Frameworks such as TOGAF. TOGAF certification not essential.
- Experience feeding into and designing roadmaps for sequenced implementation of Integration and Enterprise Architecture
- Experience of working within Agile teams or within iterative delivery models
Our Culture and Valued Behaviors
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change- comfortably uncomfortable
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.