Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, are looking for a Network Engineer to join our team. This role will be split between our offices in Reading (~1 or 2 days max per week) and remote working.
This role would suit a candidate who is used to working with autonomy, with a wide range of stakeholders across product, services and IT, in a flexible and rapidly changing environment, building solutions and governance from the ground up.
Working with the Infrastructure Manager you will:
- Work with selected partners and internal project teams to help manage the install of all networking components needed at new sites (lines, racks, patching, firewalls, switches, etc)
- Travel to sites (UK and Europe) where required to support the network installs and troubleshoot issues that arise
- Lead on the design elements of the company’s network, continually review and improve the current network blueprint as necessary
- Provide support for network issues that are escalated from the Service Desk
- Be a part of the wider IT team in supporting the business and adding value at every opportunity
We would like you to have:
- Strong Experience with configuring and managing Fortinet/Fortigate and Cisco Meraki equipment
- Experience of doing network installs as part of site project teams including racking, patching, internet lines, UPS, etc
- Experience with networking components in Cloud environments such as VPNs, Firewalls, Virtual Networks, Peering, etc
- Experience supporting various clients such as Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS, etc
- Experience of ITIL IT Service Management framework and practices
- The ability to work well on your own and in a team, take ownership and understand the customers’ needs
Our Culture and Valued Behaviors
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change- comfortably uncomfortable
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.