Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Cloud Tester to join our Cloud Development team in the Digital Experience Department. This is a hybrid role split between remote working and our head offices in UK (Reading).
You will work within the Digital Experience Department reporting to the Principal for Cloud Software Development. You shall be innovative, have strong test automation software development skills, and be team oriented delivering solutions to Volta digital products ecosystem. You will interface with internal and external stakeholders.
We need you to:
- Design and develop automated test cases for software products
- Manage the testing cycle for product releases, identify and manage risks associated with changes
- Implement best testing practices & processes while testing server side and client-side components
- Perform root cause analysis of issues to assist in determining the source of problems
- Take ownership of test data, test efficiency and test performance reporting
- Support continuous improvement activity with the goal of improving test efficiency and product team services
We would like you to have:
- Strong test automation skills & experience in setting up and usage of various types of test automation frameworks involving BDD, Data Driven & other automation frameworks
- Experience developing functional testing scripts of complex systems in an agile environment
- Experience with microservices API testing – synchronous and asynchronous
- Functional testing experience with an attention to detail and in-depth experience in System, Regression, Integration, Smoke, Sanity and Automation testing
- Experience in web technologies (e.g. WebSockets, webRTC, APIs, MQTT, CoAP, etc.)
- Understanding of OWASP and ISAE3402 (SOC2) compliances
Our Culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change- comfortably uncomfortable
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.