Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer is currently recruiting for a Site Assessment Engineer, specialising in EV charging infrastructure, to support our fast-growing TaaS (Truck as a Service) team, visiting customer sites to analyse their requirements for charging infrastructure. This role will involve travel to customer sites across the Rhine-Ruhr region.
Please Note: Due the nature of this role, the applicants can be located either in Berlin or within the Rhine-Ruhr region. Only applicants with advance German speaking skills and at least good command of the English language will be taken in consideration.
What you will do:
You will be responsible for supporting customers in their choice of electrical installations, working with them to ensure that they are compliant with regulatory standards. You will be actively supporting our customers in installation testing, problem diagnosis, and setup. This role will work alongside a charging specialist and oversee the installation of charging stations for electric vehicles.
- Verification of electrical installations at customers' premises in order to validate compliance with electricity needs
- Create, develop and implement an installation strategy that can be rolled out across the existing infrastructure
- Prepare and propose costs for the site installation development
- Coordinate hardware and software tenders on behalf of our customers
- Manage and develop relationships with our suppliers to obtain the necessary services at optimised costs
- Work alongside the customer to support on site optimisation, in order to install charging stations for our electric vehicles
We would like you to have:
- Strong understanding of high voltage and electrical systems
- Confidence to work closely with key customers
- Knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements
- Experience of piloting similar electrical installation projects and managing service providers would be an advantage
A typical Volta Trucks person:
- Thinks and acts in a non traditional way.
- Closely shares our values of safety, sustainability and electrification.
- Is action-orientated, proactive and works at pace.
- Is transparent, progressive & entrepreneurial.
- Is adaptable, resilient and open to change.
What working here will be like:
- We are a small, fast-growing team so you will have a high degree of ownership and accountability, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- We are a start-up, so don't have a lot of structures and processes. Things change quickly and we acknowledge when we get things wrong and change direction.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme
- We are committed to creating a first-class work environment. Every employee has a voice and we encourage open communication