Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Vehicle Development Department. This role within the Vehicle Integration Team is based at our midland facility in Nuneaton.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the delivery of our validation strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
- Responsible for full vehicle hardware / software and system protocol integration programmes, diagnostics, and data analysis across the development vehicle fleet
- Key contributor and communicator of all software related activity within the development team and across all related engineering functions
- Execution of software development updates, VCM / BCM flashing, validation strategy and processes across the full range of vehicle functions
- Ensure all software logs and vehicle status is kept up to correct release level and recorded
- Support root cause analysis with data obtained through diagnostic tools i.e., CANalyzer, Raptor-CAL, etc, then report to electrical & software engineers for review
We would like you to have:
- Advanced electrical or electronic engineering discipline or equivalent experience, interest or understanding of vehicle electrical or software systems
- Hands on experience in product development with focus on whole vehicle testing and development of software system testing and fault finding
- Experience in the utility/commercial/heavy vehicle sector and high voltage xEV projects is advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills, cross cultural understanding, organising, and coordinating ability
- Ability to drive and complete tasks independently
- Proven problem solver with good planning skills, logical reasoning, with attention to detail
- Positive and passionate, good team player
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.