About Energy Vault
Energy Vault develops and deploys sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world's approach to utility-scale energy storage in realizing decarbonization while maintaining grid resiliency. The company's proprietary gravity-based energy storage technology, battery storage technology, and energy storage management and integration platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. For additional information, please visit: www.energyvault.com
.Position Title: Data Science Engineer (Senior)Reports To: Manager, Data ScienceLocation: Tysons Corner, VA area or Remote About the roleEnergy Vault is looking for a talented Senior Data Science Engineer to help with productization of suite of analytics tools, and intelligent dispatch system. You will join data science team helping with developing python machine learning and analytics tools. You will develop python products and later test, evaluate, and debug the analytics products. Also, you will work with other software team to integrate the analytics tools with the core Energy Management System (EMS) software. You will be joining an early-stage software team to transform utility-scale storage.
What you will do
- Develop product level python code for machine learning and analytics tools
- Develop software features to integrate data science tools with EMS software
- Manage database and flow of the data through the suite of software
- Perform data pre-processing and post-processing and prepare data for optimization and/or ML model usage
What a qualified candidate should possess
- 5+ years of experience in Data Science Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in python development
- BS or MS in engineering (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related)
- Experience working with data science teams preferred
- Experience developing software products in Python required
- Experience developing APIs preferred (not must)
- Experience with time-series data and databases are highly desired
- Strong understanding of databases
- Familiarity with development in Linux is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Independent and capable of working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience in renewable energy and/or IIoT is preferred
- A passion for carbon neutrality by 2050.
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.