Project Canary is a SaaS-based data analytics company focused on environmental performance or the E in ESG for energy and additional business sectors. We are the leaders in assessing and scoring responsible operations and provide independent, measured emission profiles, including methane, via high fidelity continuous monitoring technology that helps companies take ESG action. Formed as a Public Benefit Corporation (B-Corp rating score 107), Project Canary’s Denver-based team of technologists, engineers, and seasoned industry operators have earned recognition for their uncompromising standards and high-fidelity data.
Project Canary’s mission is to fight climate change and put actionable insights starting with the energy sector. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time via SaaS. The resulting independent data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using microtransactions, formulate a data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a major mover in the continuous monitoring space. Here are some highlights from last year:
- Fundraise totaling $121M, Series A of $10M in 2021 and Series B of $111M in 2022
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6
- Recognized as Best for the World (top 5% of all B-Corps) in 2 out of 5 categories
- Additional recognition and awards for our culture (more to come soon!)
- eNPS score of 72 (most recent measurement in Q4 of 2021)
- Headcount growth by 6X and growing
- Revenue growth of 6X and growing
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
- Serve as the point of contact in the development and execution of test strategies for new firmware applications and hardware components to ensure on-time delivery and requirements are met.
- Interface with the hardware, firmware, and software teams to understand system design and translate them into test requirements.
- Research hardware components data sheets to develop system stress tests requirement.
- Design, develop, execute, and troubleshoot test procedures for firmware features, applications, and subsystems.
- Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering field with 3+ years of experience with verification/validation testing, hardware in the loop (HIL) testing, and embedded systems
- Reading schematics and component data sheets
- Using laboratory equipment, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, e-loads, data acquisition systems, multimeters, and power analyzers
- Using a scripting language, such as Python, C#, or C/C++, to create automated tests
- General understanding of various testing methodologies such as integration testing, functional testing, system testing.
- Using tools such as Jira, GitHub or Azure for software configuration defect tracking.
- DevOps, automated testing, or continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance (low deductibles)
- 401K company match (no vesting period)
- Stock options
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- Company sponsored wellness days (Fall hike, ski/snowboard days and more)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Monthly Flex Choice Stipend – choice between free parking, free RTD, or wellness assistance
- Dog friendly office
- Salary range: $95,000 - $115,000
- Must reside near Denver