Who we are
OhmConnect was founded to help bring 100% clean energy to everyone. We are solving massive inefficiencies in energy markets, changing how people use and view energy, and connecting smart homes with the smart grid. We build products that connect deeply with consumers and invite them to take action to positively impact the planet, their communities, and their wallets.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer striving to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment where everyone feels that they have a voice that is heard.
OhmConnect is seeking a regulatory affairs professional to join its government affairs team. This unique position will be responsible for advancing the company’s regulatory and other advocacy interests with a primary focus on California state policy that supports market-integrated demand response and load shifting resources. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of wholesale electricity markets as well as general familiarity with regulatory processes of the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). The position reports to the Head of Government Affairs and Community Relations. Strong preference for someone based in or near the San Francisco Bay Area or Sacramento, CA. Some domestic travel will be required for this position.
- Provide regulatory affairs coverage for OhmConnect’s interests in California, New York, and other markets around the country, including monitoring state regulatory agency proceedings of interest to the company, analyzing the impact of proposed changes and alerting the business to emerging issues, and developing regulatory responses.
- In partnership with the appropriate internal teams, develop company positions on current and proposed policies that affect OhmConnect.
- Persuasively advocate company positions to regulatory agencies, policymakers, and key stakeholders in support of OhmConnect’s business objectives.
- Prepare written materials to assist with advocacy efforts (fact sheets, briefing papers, internal memos, presentations).
- Prepare and present written comments and testimony to regulatory agencies, including the CPUC, the California Energy Commission, and New York Public Service Commission.
- Manage outside consultants.
- Provide regulatory guidance to the business on current and proposed regulations that affect the company.
- Support company policy advocacy efforts on state legislative and political matters as needed.
- Help assess opportunities to expand into new markets, launch new products and services.
- Build and manage key relationships with local, state and national trade associations, government affairs representatives from other companies in the industry, non-profit organizations, and allies to promote and build support for policy positions and proposals.
- Help build a robust network of contacts, champions and allies to leverage advocacy effectiveness.
- Experience with clean energy policy
- Bachelor’s degree with preference for either a focus on a field relevant to regulatory affairs, public affairs, law, business or energy or a masters degree in public policy or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience working on regulatory affairs and strategy. Energy industry experience preferred, particularly in a regulatory role.
- General understanding of state regulatory processes and the ability to understand agency rules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including ability to clearly communicate complicated and technical issues.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and synthesize information, including data and analytics.
- Ability to work in a variety of tasks with varying degrees of uncertainty.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and ability to manage simultaneous projects.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including ability to establish excellent rapport with individuals on all levels of an organization.
- Excellent at working as part of a cross-functional team, as well as working independently and remotely.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive subjects with tact and professionalism.
- A competitive salary based on experience (base salary range: $125k - $165k).
- Fully remote work environment with home office set-up allowance.
- Real and lived work-life balance - company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C-level team actively encourages everyone to take!), parental leave, and a corporate values of working sustainably and putting families first.
- Competitive benefits package that includes a full suite of wellness benefits and stock options.
- Opportunity to work with amazing people who are passionate about halting climate change, thriving in a fully-remote work environment, and learning and growing every day.
Not eligible for visa sponsorship.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Individuals seeking employment at OhmConnect are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identification, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.