Terraformation is restoring the world's forests to help solve climate change and build thriving communities.
Our mission is to help solve climate change by restoring the planet’s forests. We believe that native forest ecosystems are the most effective, safe, and scalable carbon capture systems on Earth. We work with partners all over the world to accelerate successful restoration projects and scale this climate solution.
We’re innovating in both forest tech and green finance. We’ve developed accessible, low-cost solutions to native forest restoration, including off-grid seed banks to store millions of seeds anywhere, open-source software to measure tree health and growth, and accessible forestry training programs. We’re also developing novel financing structures to support local communities as they undertake restoration projects.
We’re a unique mix of foresters, technology experts, and creative communicators brought together by our common mission.
Learn more at terraformation.com
Terraformation is hiring a Carbon Certification Specialist to work with our forestry business development team and science team to provide technical expertise in strengthening our value proposition in the voluntary carbon offset markets.
Terraformation’s overall mission is to accelerate appropriate reforestation at mass scale and speed to reverse the current climate crisis trends. The Carbon Certification Specialist will play a critical role in support of our mission by: 1. Contributing and improving upon Terraformation’s internal carbon project processes and developing strategy. 2. Guiding carbon offset projects that support the restoration of native forests.
This role can be remotely located. The successful candidate must have the ability to regularly attend calls and meet deliverable deadlines that align with their time zone, as well as those of Terraformation’s stakeholders and partners.Location
: (Remote; North/South America or Europe)Salary
: $90,000 - 110,000, plus equity (depending on experience)
- Project Development
- Guide forestry team in the development of carbon projects
- Determine feasibility of projects under different standards/methodologies
- Lead carbon Due Diligence
- Standardize carbon related project development processes
- Carbon Standard Expertise with focus on VCS
- Supervise Feasibility Study and Project Design Document (PDD) writing
- Lead project registration
- Identify the best methodologies for our carbon projects and stay up to date with new methodologies
- Voluntary Carbon Market (VCM) Expertise
- Stay up to date with trends and developments in the VCM
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with other players
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
- Bachelor’s Degree in forestry, environmental sciences, or related field
- 3+ years of experience with voluntary carbon offsetting projects (preferably VCS for AFOLU projects, in particular ARR)
- Working knowledge of all carbon accreditation bodies
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong personal management, planning, and collaboration skills
- Passion to solve the climate crisis
Terraformation requires anyone who engages in in-person activities (e.g., team meetings, meetings with vendors, visits to one of our worksites) or travels for work related purposes to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is requested and approved.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex including gender identity or expression, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, credit history, genetic history, arrest and court record, military service, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status if the domestic or sexual violence victim provides notice to Terraformation of such status or Terraformation has actual knowledge of such status, or any other protected category recognized by Hawaii and federal laws.