The future of transportation is electric and our software solves the most critical emerging grid integration challenges to ensure that the impending energy transition is clean, equitable, and resilient. Our enterprise solutions help the grid absorb the coming electrification wave with ease. Utilizing modern, cloud-native platform architecture and robust systems optimization, WeaveGrid’s software is built from the ground up to tackle the most critical network challenges while meeting the stringent regulatory, security, and reliability requirements of the utility industry.
About the job
We are seeking a talented software engineer to lead and strengthen application security for WeaveGrid cloud-based software products. You have a strong background in building complex software systems, cloud security, and a passion for continuous learning. Not least, you are able to grow into a leadership role of a team of like-minded engineers while staying hands-on.
- Through hands-on backend engineering work, you own and evolve WeaveGrid’s cloud-native platform and application stack to make our systems more secure.
- Review technical designs across the broader engineering team from a security and compliance perspective. Perform security minded code reviews and help implement tooling and best practices in code review.
- Represent engineering in cross-functional teams focused on application security efforts, in close partnership with WeaveGrid’s Information Security and Legal teams.
- Perform security assessments and audits of cloud infrastructure and applications to identify vulnerabilities and recommend remediation strategies.
- Training and mentoring development teams on secure coding best practices and how to build security into the software development lifecycle.
- Support or lead remediation efforts for identified security incidents, application & infrastructure vulnerabilities, instances of non-compliant information systems, etc.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest cloud security trends and technologies and increase relevant awareness and knowledge within the engineering team.
- While backend/platform/cloud engineering and security will be your main focus, you are happy to “flex” into dev-ops and/or compliance work depending on team needs
- (Preferred) Aid the Information Security & Legal teams in ensuring WeaveGrid’s adherence to all Information Security governance/audit and privacy requirements.
- At least 5 years of experience in complex backend software development with a focus on cloud-native software security, ideally in a high-stakes software services environment
- Strong understanding of cloud security architecture and best practices.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with security tools, such as SIEM, antivirus, CNAPP, and vulnerability scanners
- Strong understanding of secure coding practices such as OWASP.
- (Preferred) Able to grow into an engineering leadership role while staying hands-on with significant IC contributions
- (Preferred) IT governance frameworks and privacy regulations: Strong working knowledge of SOC 2, NIST, and CCPA are preferred. Familiarity with ISO:27001 or GDPR are a plus
About the process
- Apply, and send us your resume/CV (we’ll do our best to reply within a week)
- Complete a coding assessment demonstrating your abilities as backend engineer OR hop on a video call and complete a similar coding problem with one of our engineers collaboratively in real time.
- Interview with three small panels, spanning a variety of engineers and managers at Weavegrid.
- Final interview with the Co-founders.
The total compensation for this opportunity includes a base salary range of $103,000-$194,000 plus equity (stock options) and benefits. This is our target compensation range and is subject to multiple factors including role, level, experience, and location. As you go through our interview process, our recruiter will work with you to identify a competitive base salary within the proposed range and combine it with an equity package to get you excited about your future at WeaveGrid.