We are looking for a Director of Project Management to lead our Execution team in the delivery of exciting and innovative microgrid projects in various locations across the West Coast, particularly in California. This is a great role for someone looking to play a leadership role at a fast-growing PE backed business. This role will report to our Vice President, Execution and is based in California.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage our West Coast Execution team in the delivery of our microgrid projects.
- Develop and refine processes, procedures, and controls for project costs and schedules to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within budget.
- Ensure our internal company functions (i.e. Business Development, Commercial, Engineering, Service) are aligned throughout the project execution process.
- Oversee the team in preparing project schedules, and establishing operating rhythms and sequence of operations to ensure all stakeholders (customers, subcontractors, material/ equipment vendors, and local regulatory agencies) are informed and engaged.
- Evaluate, establish, maintain, and manage 3rd party trade partnerships/agreements and relationships with all subcontractors and vendors.
- Drive pre-construction activities including take-offs, bid solicitation, bid review, subcontractor negotiations, and building final project budgets.
- Proactively identify and resolve conflicts and develop and implement viable solutions.
- Steer the build-out of our Project Management function across the West Coast to keep pace with our company’s rapid growth.
The Ideal Candidate
- 15+ years of experience building distributed energy and/or complex construction projects.
- Proven track record of building, leading, and managing teams in complex and dynamic environments.
- Excellent business acumen, communication, vendor management, and customer service skills.
- Deep understanding of California's distributed energy market/landscape including building codes & regulations, electric & gas utilities, interconnection process, and existing network of trade contractors (MEP, solar EPC, etc).
- Experience with supply chain and procurement methods and strategies to include solar, BESS, switchgear, and electrical BOS equipment.
- Critical tools, capabilities, and skills needed to scale the Project Management function.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program including medical benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and 401K matching.
About Scale Microgrids
Scale Microgrids (“Scale”) is a fully integrated distributed energy platform focused on designing, implementing and financing innovative distributed clean energy solutions. Through its leading technical expertise and access to scale capital, Scale helps its customers transition to a decentralized energy future by providing and financing sustainable, cost-effective, and resilient power solutions. Scale has its own proprietary microgrid solution which provides customer with cheaper, cleaner and more reliable power, and also partners with third party developers to acquire and/or finance a broader range of distributed energy assets.
We raised $500MM from Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm focused on growth investing, to fund our business plan and accelerate growth. We are growing quickly and looking to augment the team with highly motivated entrepreneurial talent.
About Warburg Pincus
Warburg Pincus is a leading global private equity firm with nearly $80 billion in assets under management (AUM). Its active portfolio of more than 250 companies around the globe is highly diversified by stage, sector and geography. Warburg Pincus is a growth investor and an experienced partner to management teams seeking to build durable companies with sustainable value. To learn more about Warburg Pincus, please visit https://www.warburgpincus.com/.
Scale strives to attract and retain a workforce that reflects the composition of our customer base and communities. We are committed to providing a work environment that provides everyone equal access and opportunity to contribute and drive meaningful outcomes. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply and will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.