NRDC is a non-profit environmental advocacy organization. We use law, science, and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure the rights of all people to clean air, clean water, and healthy communities. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our people helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act and many of the implementing regulations. Today, our team of more than 700 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy advocates, communications experts, and others work across the United States and the globe from our offices in Beijing; Bozeman, Montana; Chicago; New Delhi; New York; San Francisco; Santa Monica; and Washington, D.C.
NRDC is seeking a Director, Data and Analytics Strategy to work with the Communications team in our Chicago, IL, New York, NY, San Francisco, CA, Santa Monica, CA, or Washington, DC office.
The Director, Analytics and Strategy, reports to the Managing Director, Campaigns and Digital Engagement, and leads marketing and communications data and analytics strategy, including digital fundraising data, within the Communications department. This role will be responsible for providing high quality data, analysis, reports, and tools to stakeholders within various teams in Communications, as well as other teams including IT, Development, Campaigns and Policy Advocacy in support of fundraising, list building, advocacy and voter mobilization efforts.
The Director will ensure data accuracy, alignment, and analysis for performance tracking across multiple channels and data sources, as well as the successful implementation and continued growth of client analytics, data strategy, solution architecture, and the technical and data integration ramifications of cross-channel digital experiences. The Director will also be responsible for supporting audience insights efforts and research to inform and guide audience engagement strategies as needed.
This role will collaborate cross-functionally to hit and exceed supporter growth, engagement, retention and fundraising goals, and will be responsible for managing multiple analytics and data insights consultants and internal stakeholders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
Strategy and Infrastructure
- Establish a robust strategic vision to guide the investments and use in data and analytics; evaluate and revise strategy as needed over time
- Develop an actionable, multi-year roadmap to expand analytics capabilities
- In collaboration with the IT team, establish a critical data infrastructure to drive efficient, secure, and scalable data solutions
- Explore and analyze customer behavior and digital metrics to detect growth and retention opportunities for fundraising and list growth, including mapping of supporter journeys and recommendations to improve supporter experience and conversion rates
- Evaluate technology changes—for example, shift to privacy-centric policies—and anticipate future demands and design/implement solutions to meet these needs
Data and Analytics
- Lead the development of baseline and YOY reporting for multiple channels across the marketing conversion funnel, from brand measurement to fundraising and list growth
- Identify areas where benchmarking is available, including digital fundraising
- Track, analyze, and report on brand, advocacy and digital campaigns performance, including A/B tests, analyzing channel interactions, and creating new measurement frameworks for new tests, and working with channel owners to provide strategic insights and recommendations for digital media planning
- Help define and document data frameworks: define the metrics, sources, and enable visualizations for those analytics that can be accessible to multiple stakeholders
- Develop key reports, analysis, insights, and monthly/quarterly presentations to track performance of communications and marketing efforts, market trends, and supporter and donor behavior insights
- Oversee the resolution of business intelligence, dashboarding and reporting user requests
- Identify and lead usage of the organization’s measurement tools to optimize digital performance
- Demonstrate innovation and progress in identifying new models and approaches as needed to recruit, engage and retain diverse audiences, including BIPOC communities and youth
- Lead marketing and research vendors and internal teams to develop, track and socialize audience insights and strategic outcomes as needed
- Collaborate with data vendors to ensure accurate and actionable use of data insights and first-party data with the organization’s CRM and survey tools
Management, Collaboration, and Governance
- Build, lead, and inspire a team of consultants and internal stakeholders—with a potential for future management of on-staff data and audience insights professionals— to deliver on analytics and audience insights deliverables and outcomes, including year-over-year measurement.
- Serve as a member of the Campaigns and Digital Engagement Leadership Team and contribute data-related expertise and thought partnership to the broader Communications department
- Consult with internal stakeholders across teams including Communications, Center for Policy Advocacy, Development, and IT teams to understand and address shared data, reporting, and analytics needs and gaps, and coordinate on solutions
- Recommend and document data management and governance policies, specifically work closely Digital Advocacy and Fundraising, Development and IT teams to create and deliver on an integrated data governance strategy throughout all digital constituent engagement data sets
- Lead the continual improvement of the organization’s data reporting portfolio, ensuring that reports are relevant, impactful, and timely for users
- Convene and coordinate staff within the Communications department to develop aggregated reporting, identify trends and optimization opportunities
- Democratize data access to empower teams to make data-driven decisions
- Coach and mentor internal teams on how to use data to optimize outcomes
- Proactively identify problems and opportunities through quantitative and qualitative data analysis to support the teams in developing strategic solutions
- Partner with Digital Advocacy and Fundraising, Campaigns, and IT stakeholders to enable use of data for segmentation and marketing automation
- Participate and represent NRDC in analytics working group with other environmental organizations
The above list of duties is not comprehensive but generally demonstrates the types of matters under this position’s responsibility. Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Information Science or Information Technology, Marketing and or equivalent experience
- 10-15 years of experience in data management, analysis/reporting, business intelligence (BI), statistics, or related area
- 5-10 years of experience leading teams of data professionals and consultants
- Hands-on experience with consumer data, digital marketing, advocacy and voter data, digital analytics, A/B testing, personalization, and/or BI solutions (for example Google Analytics 4, Optimizely, Marketing Cloud, Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau and Meta Business Analytics)
- Experience architecting and implementing complex multichannel tracking solutions across organic social media, website, advertising, email, and SMS
- Proficient in at least two coding languages including SQL
- Experience with CRMs, including MarketingCloud, Salesforce, EveryAction NGPVAN preferred
Skills, Abilities, Competencies
- Flexible and consensus-driven leader who understands how to tell a story to engage an audience towards supporting a recommendation
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Exceptional communication (oral/written) skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience overseeing integrated data systems, including databases, data warehouses, data pipelines/interfaces, and other data entities
- Experience with audience insights research
- Experience with digital fundraising and voter data analysis
- Deep understanding of data governance practices and concepts (e.g., data standardization/normalization, data security and privacy); experience deploying technical documentation, including data governance frameworks, policies/procedures, and end-user/documentation
- Experience working with and creating analyses and dashboards
- Proficient in data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units
- Ability to synthesize complex technical concepts into understandable messages for different audiences using various formats (decks, verbal presentations)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort and ease with public speaking with large and small audiences
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with diverse partners at all levels of the organization, as well as external partnerships
- High degree of independence, flexibility, initiative, and commitment
- Ability to lead interdisciplinary teams in a fast paced and dynamic environment, including providing direction to colleagues and team leads in times of uncertainty
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to different racial/ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds, and people with different gender identities, cultural differences, and disabilities
- Ability to travel to NRDC U.S. based offices, approximately 10-15% annually
- Commitment to NRDC’s mission, values, and DEI principles
NRDC is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion, both in our work and in our workplace. We believe that celebrating and actively welcoming diverse voices and perspectives is essential to solving the planet's most pressing environmental problems, and we encourage applications from candidates whose identities have been historically under-represented in the environmental movement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a supportive working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with skills and experience. Internal equity will be reviewed and considered to determine a final offer. For this position, the salary range is $139,000 to $160,000.
Our offices are open and we are operating in a hybrid model. We offer NRDCers flexibility, and we ask them to come into the office and spend meaningful time there in collaboration with their colleagues. We call this purposeful presence.
As a science-based organization, NRDC aims to do our part to help contain the COVID-19 public health crisis. For the sake of health, safety, and equity, we ask that people be vaccinated unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation or other exemption in accordance with state and local law. We consider a person to be vaccinated two weeks after receiving one full course of a CDC-approved vaccine. In accordance with state or local law, new hires will be asked to attest to vaccination, those wishing to do so may request medical or religious accommodations or other exemptions via NRDC Employee Relations. NRDC treats all vaccine-related data confidentially, in keeping with local, state, and federal laws.
To apply, visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your résumé and cover letter. Please mention where you saw this posting and upload any additional materials that showcase your abilities. Due to the high volume of applications, we will contact only those candidates we would like to interview. Please no phone calls, emails, or in-person résumé drop-offs.
If you experience technical problems while applying or if you are a person with a disability and need assistance applying online, please reach out to iCIMS Customer Care at 1-800-889-4422.
For more about NRDC, visit www.nrdc.org.