About Energy Vault
Energy Vault develops and deploys sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world's approach to utility-scale energy storage in realizing decarbonization while maintaining grid resiliency. The company's proprietary gravity-based energy storage technology, battery storage technology, and energy storage management and integration platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. For additional information, please visit: www.energyvault.com
About the role
The Commercial Project Manager plays a crucial role across Energy Vault’s Commercial and Execution teams, providing steady coordination of all internal resources and subject matter experts throughout the entire development cycle of commercial projects. This entails management of commercial energy storage projects from initial customer negotiations through contractual closure, late-stage project development, installation, and commissioning. While the Commercial Project Manager is well supported throughout by the Commercial, Product, Engineering, and Project Execution teams, the Commercial Project Manager serves as the project ‘owner’, drawing in the necessary company resources as needs arise, and ensuring development moves apace.
The position requires both customer-facing expertise as well as excellent internal project management and team management capabilities. You will lead international and domestic energy storage system projects. Attention to legal and regulatory compliance, on-schedule performance, quality, and accuracy are of the utmost importance. This is a highly networked position that includes partnerships and alignment with Sales, Product, Legal, Procurement, Permitting, Engineering, Pricing, and Execution & Construction stakeholders across Energy Vault.
Your first involvement with a project usually comes once the appropriate regional Sales Team feels a particular customer opportunity is likely to move towards contractual close. At this point, you will begin regular interaction with the customer, eventually becoming the primary point of contact as the Sales Lead moves into a supporting role. You thus become the primary face of Energy Vault to the customer and involve the appropriate internal resources as needed to further develop project requirements, system engineering specifics, and contractual terms through deal finalization. Following contract closure, you facilitate the handoff to internal Procurement, Construction, and Execution teams responsible for delivery of the project. You continue to oversee project development and successful delivery (in conjunction with Construction and Engineering managers) and maintain the customer relationship until final commissioning and project completion.
What you will do
- Manage all aspects of project development from pre-contractual relationship management with the customer, through mid-stage project development, contract signing, late-stage project development, on-site execution and project delivery.
- Collaborate with Sales and Engineering teams to move early-stage commercial proposals from initial customer acceptance (or ‘shortlist’ position) through early-stage site-specific engineering.
- Communicate with Legal, Pricing, and Finance teams through customer negotiations in order to reach final contract signing (contract closure).
- Oversee and determine internal resource availability to boost efficiency and hit multiple deadlines.
- Coordinate with internal teams to complete project schedules, engineering deliverables, contract documents, permitting requirements, and procurement planning.
- Ensure timely, effective communication with internal teams, executives, and external customers.
- Successfully oversee all aspects of the project, set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize project progress.
- Prepare reports for key stakeholders and leadership regarding the status of the project.
- Identify problems and risks, and work towards resolving them quickly.
- Guide stakeholders in defining and delivering clear requirements to identify, prioritize, and scope projects to deliver against business objectives.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
- Identify and manage project dependencies while maintaining the critical path.
- Develop and maintain effective and professional working relationships with all stakeholders throughout projects.
- Conduct project evaluations, post-mortems, and drive process change to incorporate learning.
What a qualified candidate should possess
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management of complex projects in the Energy Generation and/or Energy Storage industries.
- Experience with planning and execution of large construction projects consisting of capital, mechanical, or electrical scopes.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with an emphasis in Engineering, Communication, or Business.
- Certification in Project Management preferred.
- Capacity to learn on-the-fly, particularly regarding nuanced project technical or legal requirements.
- Excellent Project Management skills and the ability to work independently on multiple project timelines simultaneously. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Agile work ethic with flexibility to address pressing project needs as they arise.
- Proficiency in effective communication of project plans, proposals, and results, and ability negotiate options at senior management levels.
- An interest in learning and understanding complex projects, willingness to travel, and eagerness to work in a team environment to bring projects to fruition.
- Comfort in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
- Experience in public companies is a plus.
- A passion for sustainability, our mission, and our vision is ideal!
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.