Working Student - (Food) Product Development (f/m/d)
Hey! We are vly - a Berlin-based FoodTech startup with the mission to right the wrongs in the food industry. We believe in a world where food makes humans thrive and hence our goal is to create healthy, plant-based products that make you feel vly not sugar-high. After years of R&D, we launched milk alternatives based on pea protein. They not only contain only 1/3 of the sugar content of oat milk but they also won the Best Product of the Year in 2022 and have been sold almost 10 million times. Meanwhile, we've launched the very 1st yogurt based on pea proteins. Within less than 2 months, the yogurt hit over 2.500 shelves in Germany and this is just the beginning. Along the way, we've submitted patents, won research grants, and taken the first steps in creating a world-class product team. To bring more of our product ideas to life, we need You!
Your mission as a Working Student in (Food) Product Development (f/m/d) will be to support our in-house Product Development team in creating new products as well as improving our current ones!
You support the product development process by prototyping new recipes on the benchtop level, performing analysis, and giving feedback. Your proactive ideas are very much welcome!
You take over the supply logistics and preparation of ingredients for the pilot production and are excited to run the in-house UHT pilot plant.
You have ownership of the ingredients, inventory, and lab space for max efficiency.
You help collect consumer feedback on our prototypes to evaluate the development process further.
- You will have an impact and lots of responsibilities. We value transparency along all working aspects and offer you Involvement in decision-making as well as room for your opinions and ideas.
- You will learn and connect with players from Food-Tech. We have a talented, professional, and curious R&D team full of discussions, challenges, and knowledge.
- You will join a mission. Our mission is highly purpose-driven and is nothing less than to right the wrongs in the food industry. We believe in a world where food makes humans thrive!
- And much more. Many other benefits include a true vly subscription - as much as you can drink, team events, public transport tickets, off-sites, snacks and fruits in the office, excellent coffee, free samples from other food startups, and more.
- You study food technology or a similar area and are in the 3rd or above semester of Bachelor's or 1st or 2nd semester of Master's.
- Ideally, you had experience working in a lab, working with machinery, and enjoying doing hands-on work.
- You love to learn by doing new things and are passionate about everything regarding (food) product development.
- You are proactive and have the ability to empower yourself. This means you're not just someone waiting for tasks to be delegated to you. With your curiosity, and hunger to learn and gain (more) practical experience, you are able to proactively gain required knowledge, to spot potential tasks, to see problems you can solve, and to find ideas you can work on.
- You're adaptive when a plan or process changes. You are patient once a task requires this from you. And you are ready to get your "hands-dirty" in terms of running our unique UHT pilot plant.
- You are excellent in English both speaking and writing. B1-level German skill is a plus.
- You work as a team player and are happy to challenge yourself and your team.
- You are available for 20 hours per week, ideally for at least 1 year.
Does this sound like somewhere where you can make a lasting, positive impact? Then, apply now! We are looking forward to speaking with you!