Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
As a key member of the finance team, your role is in leading our partnership with the commercial team to develop our sales pipeline, negotiate deal terms, and execute on contracted projects. You will provide detailed project-level economics modeling and other forms of financial due diligence, in order to inform commercial negotiations and ensure that each agreement is well-structured to meet Form’s financial targets and customer needs. In this capacity, you will have the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of energy markets, shape our relationship with key utility stakeholders, and directly advance the progression toward a 100% renewable grid. Further, you will play a key role in developing & executing on new revenue opportunities and business models at Form.
This role can be performed either remotely in the US or hybrid in our Berkeley, CA or Somerville, MA locations.
What You'll Do:
- Optimize project economics & funding structures: Build financial models that can accurately depict the forecasted cash flow impact of Form multi-day storage assets in a variety of applications, within the context of different energy portfolios, and sold to customers using a variety of structures. Models need to also accurately account for respective tax credit streams, funding sources, operating & maintenance costs, as well as warranty / performance backstop. Lastly, the models should accurately project the economics that result for each party (Form, EPC, developer, end-customer) across different bespoke project finance structures.
- Partner with revenue accounting teams: Form deep partnership with our revenue accounting team to understand the technical revenue-recognition implications of different deal structures. You are expected to develop detailed guidance for the commercial team, and inform deal structures in order to maximize Form interest.
- Develop new business models & revenue streams: Partner closely with the Product Management team and SVP of Commercial Operations, to develop and execute on new business models and new market entry strategies. You will be responsible for developing detailed financial forecasts and due diligence, proposing pathways that will maximize Form’s impact, and highlighting key risks and mitigations.
- Maximize tax credits & federal funding opportunities: Partner closely with the Policy & Legal team at Form to closely track government guidance, in order to develop detailed internal compliance criteria necessary to most effectively maximize available tax credits. Additionally, establish internal mechanisms to consistently identify opportunities for potential application of DOE funds, and execute on workstreams to pursue those opportunities.
What You'll Bring:
- Deep passion for tackling climate change.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Project Finance.
- Demonstrated skill in partnering with external investors, third-party consultants, as well as internal stakeholders, to execute on cross-functional workstreams.
- Relentless drive to educate markets around the value and reliability of Form long-duration storage, and creativity in narrowing the green premium for Form.
The salary range for this role is $164,410 - $202,785. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.