Agreena is an exciting, dynamic, and purpose-oriented organisation united in a mission to mobilise farmers and corporations to unlock the value of nature and help restore the planet. While we’re rooted in agriculture, finance, and technology, our team of experts range from soil carbon scientists and software developers to market strategists and regulatory affairs experts. Over 200 employees across more than 40 nationalities are gathered under the common Agreena flag – either working from our headquarters in Copenhagen, offices in London, or remotely across Europe.
Agreena provides solutions that drive both environmental and financial sustainability. Our company offers a supportive and positive work environment with opportunities for learning, leading, and growth no matter where you are in your professional journey. We believe in giving our employees a lot of responsibility, and we encourage new thinking, innovation, and fun.
And this is where you come in:
Agreena is growing rapidly, and as part of the journey we are searching for passionate people
to join us in our mission and contribute to our growth journey. Over the past six months, we
have experienced rapid commercial growth, completed our first company acquisition, and
increased our workforce from 80 to 140 people.
We are looking for a Commercial Legal Counsel, who will be responsible for all commercial
legal matters in the Agreena Group. This is our first in-house Commercial Legal Counsel
position, and we offer you the opportunity to support our growth as actively engaged
in drafting, preparing and reviewing all commercial legal agreements and documents. You
will be responsible for ensuring the proper legal quality and compliance in relation to our
commercial agreements with customers, farmers, certificate buyers and commercial partners
As you will be the first and only Commercial Legal Counsel, you will be involved in all legal
matters in the Agreena Group in close cooperation with our Corporate Legal Counsel. Expect
to work with supplier contracts, IT/Cloud agreements, IP law, employment law and the
drafting and negotiation of partner and cooperation agreements. Expect corporate law matters to be
handled by the Corporate Legal Counsel.
You primary stakeholders will be the commercial teams, Corporate Development and
Customer Success teams – all with global responsibility. You will also work closely with our
external legal counsel. While relying of external counsel to drive funding rounds, you will be
helping out with the preparation of virtual data rooms, replying to Q&As from investors’
counsels, review of investment documentation and cooperation with Agreena’s external
Your primary focus will be to enable and empower the business, while being an integrated
part of our operational set-up. You are responsible for ensuring compliance with all the
relevant commercial law rules and regulations. Projects vary, as all hands are needed to drive
our strategic agenda further, hence one day you will be working closely with our People
team, the next with our founders, and the third with commercial teams. We are obsessed
about leveraging technology and digital systems to automate everything we do, in all areas of
the business, including legal processes.
We are looking for a candidate who possesses a clear business mindset and the ability to
breakdown complex legal tasks into actionable and practical, value adding solutions by thinking and executing independently. Think big and think ahead – you will be successful
when analytical, structured, and dedicated.
How you will make an impact:
- Preparation of standard contracts for customers, farmers, and certificate buyers.
- Negotiation of commercial contracts with customers, farmers, certificate buyers and commercial partners.
- Ensuring legal compliance with requirements from certificate standards.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant commercial law regulations.
- Ensuring contractual requirements are properly embedded in Agreena’s IT platform and processes.
- Support to Agreena’s Corporate Development in relation to legal requirements and regulations.
- Be an active player in Agreena’s contract management.
- Participation in legal tracks in funding rounds.
Who we’re looking for:
- Hands-on business mindset with a strong business acumen.
- Comfortable with high-paced decision making and frequent challenges of “as-is”.
- At least 3 years work-experience from a Danish law firm or from in-house legal counsel.
- Cand.jur. or cand.merc.(jur).
- Practical hands-on experience with drafting, negotiation, and handling of commercial contracts.
- Full professional proficiency in Danish and English.
Bonus points if you:
- Practical experience with funding rounds is considered an advantage.
- Practical experience with drafting, negotiation and/or review of supplier contracts is considered an advantage.
- Tech savvy - passionate about applying technology and digital systems to also legal affairs.
What’s in it for you:
- A unique opportunity to join and help shape a fast-growing tech scale up with the determination and ambitious mission to reverse climate change;
- A truly global environment where you can collaborate and socialise with diverse and passionate colleagues;
- Competitive compensation package and holidays;
- Centrally located modern office in Copenhagen or possibility for remote;
- Team events throughout the year;
- An exciting purpose-led culture and mission;
- Open communication and supportive feedback culture.
🌱 Not quite what you're looking for?
🌍 Be your best-self everyday at Agreena
At Agreena we are devoted to building an environment that promotes equality, inclusion, and diversity. We are on the path towards expansion and growth so with that, we believe everyone’s uniqueness should be celebrated and embraced to help us achieve this exciting journey. This is critical to our success and innovation. We want to build a product that is loved by our customers and we want the same to be reflected in our teams.
With this in mind, we are working to ensure Agreena remains a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone.