Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
As a Quality Systems Manager at Form Energy, you will play an integral role in ensuring that all products meet customer and company requirements. You will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall quality systems, processes and methodologies for the entire company. Your responsibilities will include implementing robust systems to execute on FMEA, Control Plans, Auditing, 8D, Inspection Standards, Supplier Quality, Change Management, and others. You will work with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Suppliers and Operations to identify and implement systems/processes that primarily focus on Prevention with elements of Detection and Containment/Traceability. As an early member of Form’s Quality team, you will have the opportunity to work closely along cross-functional teams with a focus on the entire product development lifecycle, from early R&D, to validation testing, pilot builds and ultimately, SOP/customer deliveries. To be effective, the candidate will need to be intimately familiar with the technical requirements and functionality of electromechanical assemblies and the systems, processes, methodologies used in their development, manufacturing and deployment.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with Design and Manufacturing Engineering and Suppliers to establish systems and processes to ensure high-performing and quality products by implementing Form Energy’s first Quality Management System (QMS)
- Establish and implement the systems and processes for FMEA
- Establish appropriate quality performance metrics to preemptively prevent issues
- Ensure that all in-house systems and processes are updated, and revised to meet the needs of internal business requirements as well as external auditing bodies
- Ensure that all necessary systems and processes are in place to satisfy all customer requirements and audits
- Lead/train other organizations/members in all aspects of the implemented Quality Management System
- Lead regular internal system/process audits, ensuring compliance with implemented Quality Management System and take appropriate corrective actions to address non conformities
- Help identify key quality performance indicators [KPIs] for the company
- Conduct risk assessments for various systems/processes, ensuring gaps are properly addressed and risks mitigated
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar fields
- 5 - 10 years experience of quality systems experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior leadership and management experience required, demonstrating a clear record of success
- Experience in QS-9000, ISO/TS 16949, APQP, PPAP, SPC, DFMEA, and PFMEA
- Ability to coach and mentor different internal organizations and team members on the quality systems and processes implemented
- A holistic and complete understanding of quality systems, processes and how to implement such systems and processes in a fast paced, agile environment
- Deep knowledge of quality fundamentals such as problem-solving (8D), FMEA, SPC, Design of Experiments (DOE), Process Capability (Cpk, Ppk), etc.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- Ability to use tools and business system applications to manage, synthesize, and interpret data
The salary range for this role is $164,410 - $202,785. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.