We are on a mission to regenerate soil at a planetary scale—automated terraforming, with a solar powered robotics platform.
Planetary recovery ...View Company Profile
At Aigen, our mission is to accelerate the transition to regenerative agriculture—with a pesticide-free, solar powered robotics platform.
Do you have a track record of solving complex engineering challenges and delivering incredible products? Join us to make a real world impact at the confluence of cutting edge robotic technology, agriculture, AI, and climate. 52% of agricultural land is degraded by current management practices, and 60-75% of original soil carbon has been lost in lands used for agriculture (according to the IPCC).
Your role will be to assemble and test engineering prototypes, and set up our manufacturing facility. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our mechanical, electrical, and software teams. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with the ability to understand complex systems and build with minimal supervision.
Aigen celebrates diversity in all its forms, and is an equal opportunity employer
Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Onshape
- Robot System Assembly: Accurately and efficiently assemble complex robot systems according to engineering specifications and assembly guidelines
- Field Testing Leadership: Lead field testing efforts, including the setup, calibration, and operation of robotic systems to ensure optimal performance and functionality
- Troubleshooting and Problem Solving: Identify and resolve technical issues that arise during assembly, testing, or packaging, working closely with the engineering team to develop effective solutions
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain detailed records of assembly processes, test results, and troubleshooting steps, providing clear and concise reports to assist in product refinement and customer support
- Inventory Management and Shop Organization: Assist in maintaining inventory levels of assembly components, tools, and equipment, ensuring proper documentation and tracking. Contribute to shop organization efforts, including inventory labeling, tool organization, and maintaining a clean and efficient work environment
- High school diploma or equivalent. Additional technical certifications or vocational training in electronics, robotics, or related fields is a plus
- Proficiency in interpreting and understanding technical drawings, assembly instructions, and engineering documentation
- Familiarity with hand tools, power tools, and testing equipment used in assembly and troubleshooting processes
- Knowledge of electrical systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve technical issues effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel to farms for testing, operating, maintenance, and repairs as needed (up to 25% travel)
- We’re a start-up, so we all need to wear a lot of hats! This means you’ll probably do a lot of things you’ve never done before, and probably learn some new things too
- Occasional travel during the growing season
- Stay lean with an agile, scrappy team
Indicators of good fit
- Reliability and Accountability: Being dependable, punctual, and responsible in meeting deadlines, following through on tasks, and taking ownership of your work
- Attention to Detail: Displaying meticulous attention to detail during the assembly process to ensure accuracy and quality. This includes following assembly guidelines, conducting thorough inspections, and identifying and addressing any deviations or errors
- Enjoys long distance road trips
- Experience providing feedback to engineers to improve design for manufacturing preferred
- Stock options
- Flexible (WFH) Mondays
- 15 days PTO
- Healthcare - 100% coverage for employee
- Work on a team in which the qualities that diverse team members bring to the table are appreciated