Based in Asbury Park, Solar Landscape is a leading full-service provider of community solar and solar energy solutions for the ...View Company Profile
Project Engineer – Solar Landscape
Located in historic downtown Asbury Park, Solar Landscape is leading the way in innovative community solar. Solar Landscape offers you a career in one of the fastest growing fields in the country as well as the opportunity to be part of our goal of offering green energy equity to all. The Project Engineer role is newly created due to rapid expansion and growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee/Design/Support commercial and grid supplied Solar Photovoltaic systems.
- Prepare technical drawings, specifications of PV systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Conduct detailed site evaluations
- Coordinate with structural, electrical, geotechnical, and civil Professional Engineers during design process to assure the design meets technical and code requirements. Manage professional engineer review process to obtain PE stamps on drawing packages.
- Provide technical support to Commercial Sales, and Finance for the development of technical proposals and customer presentations.
- Participate in meetings and technical presentations to customers, investors, and PV technical community.
- Provide engineering/technical input and direction to site evaluation, interconnect agreements and other associated tasks
- Work with appropriate electric utilities to prepare and process interconnection paperwork
- Review specifications for purchases of materials or equipment.
- Identify appropriate equipment for use in PV systems and perform technical qualification of vendors.
- Support Project Management and construction team with ongoing technical support, RFI’s and As-builts
- Review of other design engineers’ work during design phase.
- Develop necessary customer deliverables such as concept module layouts, single line diagrams, equipment or material specifications, engineering validation, 3-D renderings and photo simulations.
- Assist with Request for Proposal (RFP’s) review, technical writing, and response coordination
- BS Engineering Degree
- Proficient with current AutoCAD software version, as well as MS Office suite.
- Experience in electrical, mechanical, structural, or civil engineering design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage
priorities and workflow.