At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 78 million registered users and 189,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved 224 million meals from going to waste - avoiding almost 560,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go was named in FastCompany’s March 2022 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, and was honoured to be included in TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
We’re looking for an exceptional Global Director of Technical Sales to join the our superstar team at Too Good To Go in Paris, London, Amsterdam or Copenhagen
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Director of Technical Sales to build, lead and manage our newly established technical sales team, providing guidance and support to ensure successful sales of our technical B2B products to food retailers. Our technical product consists of an expiry date management application that helps grocery (and other food) retailers track, identify, and manage their food surplus. You will collaborate with account management teams, offering technical expertise in customer meetings and addressing inquiries during the sales and implementation process. You will assist in product setup and implementation, in close partnership with the product and tech teams who will lead the work. Additionally, you will build customer relationships, identify cross-selling opportunities, advise on go-to-market strategies, and represent the company at industry events.
- Lead and manage the technical sales team, providing guidance, coaching, and support to ensure their success in selling our technical products
- Collaborate with the account management teams to support sales efforts with food retailers, joining them during customer meetings and sales pitches to provide technical expertise and address customer questions and concerns related to the product
- Assist in the technical setup and implementation of our products for customers, delivering smooth onboarding and adoption processes by ensuring that configurations are adapted to the needs of the customer
- Work closely with the product and tech teams to understand product capabilities, configurations, and implementation processes, ensuring accurate technical guidance to account management teams and customers
- Develop and maintain a deep technical understanding of our whole ecosystem of products and solutions, staying up-to-date with industry trends and advancements to effectively communicate our value proposition and points of differentiation vs. competitors
- Partner with the product and tech teams to provide feedback on customer requirements, market demands, and competitive landscape, contributing to product roadmap discussions and enhancements
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers at our key accounts within the grocery and food retail industry, driving sales opportunities from initial prospecting through to closure
- Partner with account management teams to identify cross-selling and upselling opportunities and ensure a cohesive approach to selling to key accounts
- Work closely with the marketing, communications, and go-to-market teams to advise on the development of effective go-to-market strategies, driving inbound leads and awareness within the grocery segment
- Represent the company at food retail, wholesale, and manufacturing industry events and conferences, building awareness and driving new business opportunities
- Extensive experience in technical sales, with a proven track record of success in selling technical products and solutions; experience in food retail and grocery is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build deep understanding of SaaS products and solutions, as well as the ability to quickly grasp and articulate complex technical concepts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey a SaaS product and technical specs to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, identifying new business opportunities and driving growth within key accounts
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a technical sales team, driving their performance and development
- Strong customer focus, with a passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences and building long-term relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders including Account Management and Product / Tech
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,200+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care.
- WORK FLEXIBLY:
- Enjoy hybrid working from our great offices, at home or abroad.
- Extra parental leave and days off beyond local legislation and the option to take an extra week of unpaid leave
- Health insurance and pension plans (subject to country of employment).
- Additional days off for significant life events
- CELEBRATE & SOCIALISE
- Regular social events like summer and winter parties.
- Coffee, snacks and fully-equipped kitchens.
- Get to know our community with a monthly free Surprise Bag
- Paid volunteer time through our Shareback volunteering programme
- Women in the Workplace, P.R.I.D.E., People of Colour and Functionally Diverse Employee Resource Groups
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.