We set up in 2018 to make EV charging simpler, greener and cheaper for drivers, to encourage EV adoption and reduce carbon emissions. Core to our platform is a proprietary smart-charging algorithm, dynamically aligning charging with intermittent low-carbon electricity, reducing carbon emissions from grid electricity by as much as 70%.
We’ve so far secured over 13m USD in funding and achieved the title of ‘Best Energy Startup in the World’ when we won the Free Electrons programme. We’ve brought together a high performing team bringing expertise from their previous roles at National Grid, Bulb, BCG, Meta, Amazon, BBOX and more, and pride ourselves on the inclusive and collaborative culture we’ve created.
We’re looking for more talented and passionate folk to join our mission to make EV charging greener, as we push to have over a million drivers using our product globally.
ev.energy is a growth-stage startup with Series B funding and a clear goal: to intelligently integrate EVs into the power grid through a software platform for managed charging. In doing so, ev.energy and our partners drive positive impact on power grids, save ratepayers billions of dollars and help move our global economy and transport system toward a cleaner energy future. With APIs that cover 95% of the light-duty EV market, we’re building on significant traction in all 50 states and with dozens of major regulated utilities, expanding our reach and impact.
To achieve this we're hiring two mission-driven Sales Directors to lead our continued expansion with regulated utilities and electricity retailers across North America. These are leadership roles that encompass significant responsibility, autonomy and potential for further growth within the company.
Working closely with the Head of North America, you will:
- Build and grow our sales pipeline by identifying and proactively sourcing potential clients (regulated utilities, community choice aggregators and electricity retailers) with a demonstrated interest in managed EV charging
- Work closely with our Policy Director to track state-level regulatory proceedings for utility prospects, seizing opportunities for business development
- Identify and work with strategic partners to develop and execute on joint go-to-market efforts and product propositions.
- Discern and share market insights with internal teams, particularly product and marketing, and advocate for what is needed to win new business
- Build high-value relationships and advance ev.energy’s thought leadership by serving as a resource and advisor to utilities, CCAs and electricity retailers that are developing managed EV charging plans and targets
- Prepare high-quality presentations; and organize and lead educational, pitch and scoping meetings with utility and other prospects
- Independently lead our response to requests for proposals or information (RFPs and RFIs), working with counterparts across the business to develop and submit high-quality and competitive proposal materials, including pricing, leading our efforts to submit competitive proposals
- Convert utilities from prospect to client through contract negotiations and signature by working closely with the CEO and Head of North America to close deals with your prospects
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for proven B2B sales professionals with a proven record in closing enterprise SaaS contracts. You'll have led and managed the full business development cycle, from cold outreach and networking to pitch meetings and responding to competitive RFPs. You'll have outstanding communication skills, including meticulous writing and the ability to translate technical information into a compelling narrative. Your relationship building skills make you an indispensable and influential advisor and position the company for highly competitive opportunities. You’re driven and motivated by ambitious sales targets, and you demonstrate the tenacity and emotional intelligence needed to close deals. Optimally, you understand the realities of regulated utilities, CCAs and electricity retailers, as well as the intricacies of North American power grids and electricity markets.
How will we support you?
- Proven ability to close multi-year enterprise SaaS deals in the 6 and 7 figure level
- Previous experience selling to regulated US utilities, with a demonstrable track record of success in achieving ambitious sales goals, with at least one year selling SaaS
- A track record of influencing RFP/RFI development and winning competitive tender processes
- The ability to build strategic relationships, developing rapport and trust while assessing client need and product fit
- Familiarity with the US energy landscape, including federal legislation, electricity markets and state-level regulations and programs
- A structured approach to sales with a clear style of communication and relationship management
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Alignment to the vision, mission and values of ev.energy
- A can-do, problem-solving attitude and persistence in targeting and converting prospects
- Ideally, you'll have prior experience in a growth stage start-up; prior experience and success working fully remotely; and networks and comfort in travelling to key East and West coast markets
- Competitive base salary range of $150,000 - $175,000 with the ability to earn up to an additional 40% commission-based bonus and generous share options vesting over four years
- Fully-loaded benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance and a 401(k) with 3% company match
- Supplemental monthly allowance to cover the lease of an electric vehicle (up to 10% of salary)
- 24 days of paid leave per year, plus all US federal holidays.
- Fully remote role with the ability to be based anywhere in the US; we will provide co-working access or help you set up a working space in your home
- Flights and accommodation for our twice-annual "team weeks" across the world, as well as any travel needed for conferences or meetings.
- A Macbook loaded with all the tools and software you need to work effectively.
- Funded access to conferences and professional development opportunities, along with mentorship and a chance to work directly with executives and industry leaders
- Twice-yearly career review cycles to fast-track promotions and career growth within ev.energy
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about the values that drive our organizational culture here.
We are looking for someone based in North America for this position.