We set up in 2018 to make EV charging simpler, greener and cheaper for drivers, to encourage EV adoption and reduce carbon emissions. Core to our platform is a proprietary smart-charging algorithm, dynamically aligning charging with intermittent low-carbon electricity, reducing carbon emissions from grid electricity by as much as 70%.
We’ve so far secured over 13m USD in funding and achieved the title of ‘Best Energy Startup in the World’ when we won the Free Electrons programme. We’ve brought together a high performing team bringing expertise from their previous roles at National Grid, Bulb, BCG, Meta, Amazon, BBOX and more, and pride ourselves on the inclusive and collaborative culture we’ve created.
We’re looking for more talented and passionate folk to join our mission to make EV charging greener, as we push to have over a million drivers using our product globally.
What will you do?
- Prepare and maintain the VPP and Energy Data product roadmaps, defining enhancements for short and long-term releases with input from the Group PM
- Own relationships with key stakeholders (Head of UK Grid Services, Utilities PMs) on behalf of the Product team
- Define, evolve and improve key metrics and dashboards within VPP and Energy Data
- Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to determine product direction and define business requirements
- Drive continuous, measurable improvement in the product development process across your development teams
- Work with engineering teams on the design, definition, documentation and implementation of new features, maintaining the backlog and roadmap in Jira
- Be the internal SME on VPP and Energy Data as a product, working with Sales, Marketing and CS groups as and when needed
What are we looking for?
How will we support you?
- Experience within product management, developing, launching and shipping well-loved products from the ground up within energy flexibility
- Excellent ability to build relationships with engineers, peers and stakeholders across the business; you’ll be able to communicate clearly and succinctly
- The ability to empathise with our customers and put them at the forefront of what we do
- You understand the trade-offs between quality and delivering fast and can be pragmatic, with the ability to encourage pragmatism within the team
- Comfort with APIs, user interfaces, and technical documentation - you’ll ideally have a technical background, or be a very technical product manager!
- An understanding of software development best practices
- Ideally, experience in the EV or green energy sector
- Remote working, investing in your home office setup or a co-working location convenient for you
- Access to conferences, meet-ups and training
- A top of the range Macbook and all you need to do your best work
- A structured career progression framework and advancement opportunities
- Health insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Generous equity, with options to earn more shares as you progress
- Quarterly team meet-ups, to collaborate and have fun in person!
If you don’t have all of the requirements, but you’re really interested in what we’re doing, please apply anyway! We’d love to hear from you and may be able to tailor the role around your abilities and experience. We value applicants regardless of their background or years of experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for someone based in North America or the UK for this position.