Title: Web Marketing Manager
Location: Remote - United States Only
Type: Full time
Experience: Mid level
Internal Leveling: 2 (Manager)
Annual Base Salary: $75,000 to $115,000
Bonus Potential: $10,000
- Overall compensation (base salary + discretionary bonus) for this role will be provided commensurate with years of experience and qualifications.
GreenBiz Group is a fast-growing media and events company that accelerates the just transition to a clean economy. Through events that galvanize, stories that amplify and peer networks that bond, we define markets and advance opportunities at the intersection of business, technology and sustainability. We are a passionate team of people that builds and empowers communities to confront the threats of climate change and solve the thorniest challenges of our time.
GreenBiz is looking for a Web Marketing Manager to join our collaborative and ambitious marketing team.
You’re a great fit for this role if you thrive taking ownership of building best-in-class websites to deliver on marketing goals. You have excellent project management skills and enjoy collaborating across teams to drive web projects to completion. You have a demonstrated ability to effectively lead web content creation and management, including copywriting, editing and SEO. You are a proactive planner who naturally takes initiative, showcases leadership through ambiguity and is able to remain organized while balancing a variety of website initiatives projects. You pride yourself on accuracy and your ability to maintain excellent attention to detail while moving quickly to meet deadlines. You leverage your enthusiasm for data and innovation to test, measure and iterate on new approaches for continuous improvement, and are committed to creating consistent, high-quality website experiences that support KPIs and customer needs.
If this resonates with you, we invite you to apply to join the GreenBiz team!
- Owns the strategy development, project management, publishing and maintenance of all GreenBiz product websites from ideation through production, including proactively identifying website plans and needs, utilizing excellent project management skills and systems (e.g., ClickUp) to assign deadlines, and following up with contributors to ensure plans stay on track and that high-quality content is delivered and published on time that supports KPIs
- Closely collaborates with marketing team to ensure all SEO best practices are implemented on each product website
- Performs and shares competitive and Google Analytics site audits, including regularly measuring and tracking key benchmarks for website performance (i.e. page speed, bounce rate, time to interact, time on page) content effectiveness (usage, adoption, and reach), brand awareness, lead generation, customer loyalty, and user engagement — finding, elevating and acting on opportunities that drive continuous improvement
- Responsible for ensuring consistency of brand messages across sites and that web content is current, accurate and relevant, including proofreading and properly formatting content, reviewing and editing content prior to publishing to verify the accuracy and quality of all marketing content, and draft and routing content for internal approvals as needed
- Effectively communicates production timelines, deliverables and updates on all product websites to appropriate teams, including developing plans, assigning responsibilities and action items, and developing the automations, documentation and templates need to support cross-functionally
- Collaborates with marketing team to identify and implement website A/B tests, content optimization and conversion rate optimization
- Leads occasional product website redesign projects, working with multiple stakeholders to identify and elevate strategic redesign opportunities to development team
- Troubleshoots minor issues with web production and quickly elevates larger issues to tech team
- Keeps abreast of current digital trends and industry best practices, elevating and implementing recommendations as appropriate
- Provides training and user support for GreenBiz staff who are using the web content management system to author and publish content
- Assists in the management of the company intranet site
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in editorial production, general marketing or as a program manager at a tech or high-growth company, with hands on experience building and project managing and maintaining best-in-class websites
- Proficiency in web content management systems and project management software
- Excellent marketing copywriting and editing skills in AP style
- Strong organizational skills that enable you to work simultaneously on multiple projects, manage the coordination of contributors, meet deadlines and ensuring that high-quality content is delivered and published on time
- Excellent attention to detail and quality assurance of one's own work as well as other website contributors
- Understanding of UX disciplines, information architecture and user-centered research and design methodologies
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and ability to support the marketing team’s SEO strategy and execution
- Experience collecting, analyzing and reporting on website data from Google Analytics
- Comfortable to work independently at times with minimal guidance, demonstrating sound decision making, problem solving, accountability and ownership of assigned tasks
- A flexible team player with strong relationship-building and collaboration skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Curiosity combined with quick thinking, learning and problem-solving abilities
- Travel to select GreenBiz conferences and company offsites (est. 2-4 times per year)
- Familiarity with Wordpress and Squarespace
- Familiarity with Marketo Engage
- PMP and/or Agile certification or related expertise on project management best practices
About GreenBiz Group
GreenBiz offers a remote culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun. Our team is spread across the USA; however, we also have a small office located in Oakland, California. Please include a cover letter and resume when applying and familiarize yourself with our website at www.greenbiz.com.
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including:
- Full medical and dental benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Generous holiday schedule
- Discretionary paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Two paid volunteer days per year
- Reimbursement for home office expenses
- Employee stock option plan
GreenBiz Group requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and remote roles. GreenBiz Group provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements unless it results in undue hardship for the business. Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws