is a clean energy leader creating smarter, greener, healthier buildings for all by reducing the barriers to money-saving, quality-of-life-improving green building upgrade. We provide engineering, financing and project implementation services for our clients, with a special focus in historically left out communities across the country. These communities, and their buildings, are underserved by traditional energy services companies because they are considered too small, too costly, or too risky. Our portfolio of projects include houses of worship, schools, non-profits, small businesses and multifamily buildings. Through our work, we save our clients money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve health and create local employment opportunities.
At BlocPower, we value our mission. We are trusted advisors that get things done for our customers by using data to make the right decisions. We support and expect excellence from our team members. We treat both our customers and ourselves with care and respect.
As our work is centered around systematically disenfranchised communities – including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people – we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
BlocPower’s Clean Energy Engineering Intern role is offered to a highly motivated student or junior professional who will help the BlocPower engineering team develop decarbonization projects. The duration of this internship is 6 to 12 months.
Under the supervision of BlocPower’s Director of Engineering Services, the Clean Energy Engineering Intern will:
- Perform site visits to assess buildings and their equipment to uncover electrification opportunities and energy conservation measures (ECMs);
- Collect and analyze data (e.g. field visits, energy bills, data loggers) to understand and quantify building energy use before retrofits and verify impact after retrofits;
- Identify electrification opportunities and financially-viable energy conservation measures (ECMs) to improve the operation, maintenance, or energy efficiency of buildings;
- Synthesize HVAC, engineering, and renewable energy knowledge to formulate comprehensive project solutions and life-cycle assessments;
- Assist in the review of engineering design documents;
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to deliver technical solutions to clients;
- Support with the development and delivery of client reports, presentations, and communications;
- Support teams in the management of construction, installation, testing, and commissioning of retrofits.
- Major in mechanical, electrical or civil engineering;
- Prior experience or internship with building systems, HVAC, energy efficiency technologies, green building, or high-performance design;
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Must be a NYC resident.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
BlocPower™ provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlocPower™ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BlocPower™ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BlocPower™ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.