Voltpost Inc is seeking a passionate and experienced Senior Policy, Grants Manager to join our dynamic business team. As the Senior Policy, Grants Manager you will play a pivotal role in securing funding from various sources to deploy the Voltpost charging platform, drive the company’s growth, and position Voltpost as a leader in the EV charging industry.
The ideal candidate will have 4-8 years of experience in a relevant field, proven experience in grant management, along with strong analytical and financial skills. You will oversee the entire lifecycle of grants, conduct research to identify funding opportunities, develop compelling grant proposals, and ensure compliance with grant requirements.
You should have experience developing public private partnerships, leading relationships with municipalities and public agencies, and project management. This candidate should have a strong understanding of the federal, state, and local electrification policy level of grants. A passion for making a measurable positive impact to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution while increasing equity across communities is key.
Your responsibilities will include collaborating with the Voltpost leadership and business development team, municipal, utility, and private agencies to develop funding requests, aligning priorities with funding, and coordinating budget priorities with Voltpost, agencies, and funders. This role is based in-person in New York, NY.
Voltpost is a seed stage venture-backed startup on a mission to decarbonize mobility by democratizing charging access. We do this by retrofitting lampposts into Voltposts, a modular and upgradable charging platform. This provides people convenient and affordable charging access while reducing the cost, timing, and footprint of chargers. Voltpost is a vision for the future of sustainable communities. Born in America. Built coast to coast.
Our team is driven to leave this world better than when we started. Apply today.
- Grant & Government Contract Strategy, Writing & Management
- Lead the end-to-end process of government contract acquisition, from opportunity identification and proposal development to contract negotiation and execution.
- Research and analyze funding opportunities and grants specific to electric vehicle charging infrastructure projects.
- Develop and write compelling grant proposals, ensuring alignment with company objectives and the requirements of funding agencies.
- Collaborate with internal teams to gather relevant information, data, and supporting documents for grant applications.
- Monitor grant progress, ensure compliance with grant guidelines and reporting requirements, and provide regular updates to stakeholders.
- Prepare and maintain a comprehensive database of potential funding sources, including government agencies, foundations, and corporate sponsors.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of grant-funded projects, measure impact, and prepare reports to demonstrate the outcomes and success of funded initiatives.
- DOE Program Development & Management
- Develop and write DOE program proposals, ensuring alignment with company objectives and the requirements of funding agencies.
- Manage the relationship with the DOE stakeholders on all relevant funding opportunities working to gain multi-phase funding approvals.
- Policy Strategy
- Track industry trends, policies, and regulations related to electric vehicle charging, and incorporate that knowledge into grant proposals.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with government decision-makers, agencies, and procurement officials.
- Manage partners, including government officials, agencies, community organizations, and other stakeholders, to strengthen grant applications and partnerships.
- Partnership Development
- Conduct thorough needs assessments to identify funding gaps and develop strategies for securing additional resources.
- Identify and cultivate partnerships with relevant government entities, utility providers, agencies, and industry associations to support VoltPost's growth objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to assess partnership opportunities and negotiate mutually beneficial agreements.
- Develop public private partnerships from initial conversation and value identification to fully executed contracts.
- Attend conferences and events on behalf of Voltpost to build relationships with public and private stakeholders and drive opportunities forward.
- Public Affairs & Marketing
- Develop and implement public affairs strategies to effectively communicate Voltpost's mission, values, and initiatives to key stakeholders, including government officials, industry organizations, and the public.
- Monitor and analyze policy developments, regulatory changes, and industry trends that impact VoltPost's operations.
- Advise on marketing strategy development, including defining target audiences, identifying key value propositions, and determining the most effective channels and tactics to reach and engage potential customers.
- Identify and prioritize target market segments and develop targeted sales campaigns to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Advise on demand generation campaigns and marketing performance analytics.
- Professional Experience: A minimum of 7 years of experience in policy development, government relations, or public affairs, preferably in a relevant industry or startup.
- Policy Expertise: In-depth knowledge and understanding of policy issues and regulatory frameworks relevant to electric vehicle charging. Ability to analyze and interpret complex policies and translate them into actionable strategies.
- Strategic Thinking: Strong strategic mindset and ability to think critically, identify emerging policy trends, and assess their potential impact on the company. Proven track record of developing and implementing effective policy advocacy strategies.
- Leadership Skills: Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team, providing guidance, mentorship, and support. Proven experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams and effectively influencing stakeholders at various levels.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex policy concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences. Experience in drafting policy briefs, reports, and other public-facing materials.
- Capacity Building: Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, industry associations, advocacy groups, and community organizations. Strong networking and negotiation skills.
- Growth Mindset: Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment with limited resources and evolving priorities. Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and demonstrate resilience in the face of challenges.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with the capacity to gather, analyze, and interpret data to inform policy decisions and advocacy efforts. Familiarity with data-driven policy-making and evidence-based approaches.
- Regulatory Compliance: Understanding of compliance requirements and experience navigating regulatory frameworks. Ability to assess regulatory risks and develop strategies to ensure the startup's compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Education: A bachelor's or master's degree in public policy, political science, law, or a related field is preferred. Equivalent work experience will also be considered.