is a clean energy leader creating smarter, greener, healthier buildings for all by reducing the barriers to money-saving, quality-of-life-improving green building upgrade. We provide engineering, financing and project implementation services for our clients, with a special focus in historically left out communities across the country. These communities, and their buildings, are underserved by traditional energy services companies because they are considered too small, too costly, or too risky. Our portfolio of projects include houses of worship, schools, non-profits, small businesses and multifamily buildings. Through our work, we save our clients money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve health and create local employment opportunities.
At BlocPower, we value our mission. We are trusted advisors that get things done for our customers by using data to make the right decisions. We support and expect excellence from our team members. We treat both our customers and ourselves with care and respect.
As our work is centered around systematically disenfranchised communities – including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people – we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and monitor grant budgets, providing financial guidance and support throughout the project's lifecycle.
- Prepare grant billing and invoicing, ensuring accuracy and timely submission to funding agencies.
- Conduct regular grant compliance audits, identifying discrepancies and implementing corrective actions as needed.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date grant-related documentation and financial records.
- Coordinate with external auditors during grant-related audits, providing necessary documentation and explanations.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of grant proposals, including financial data and budget narratives.
- Stay informed about changes in grant regulations and accounting standards, ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Provide training and guidance to staff on grant financial management and reporting processes.
- Participate in financial planning and forecasting activities for grant-funded projects.
- Collaborate with the finance team to ensure seamless integration of grant financials with overall organizational financial reporting.
- Support the development of financial policies and procedures related to grant management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field with 3-6 years of experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification (preferred)
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
BlocPower™ provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlocPower™ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BlocPower™ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BlocPower™ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.