About Energy Vault
Energy Vault® develops and deploys utility-scale energy storage solutions designed to transform the world's approach to sustainable energy storage. The Company's comprehensive offerings include proprietary gravity-based storage, battery storage, and green hydrogen energy storage technologies. Each storage solution is supported by the Company’s hardware technology-agnostic energy management system software and integration platform. Unique to the industry, Energy Vault’s innovative technology portfolio delivers customized short-and-long-duration energy storage solutions to help utilities, independent power producers, and large industrial energy users significantly reduce levelized energy costs while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial reuse, Energy Vault’s EVx™ gravity-based energy storage technology is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the global clean energy transition for its customers. Please visit www.energyvault.com
for more information.
Our purpose: We exist to enable a sustainably energized world.
Our vision: We envision a future where nature and humankind coexist in harmony.
Our mission: We provide energy solutions to accelerate the global transition to renewable energy.
Our values: We Commit, Innovate, Connect, Deliver, and Lead.
About EV Solutions
EV Solutions is a division within Energy Vault that focuses on creating technology agnostic customer focused solutions. Utilizing its proprietary hardware architecture and technology agnostic software controls and optimization platform EVS caters to customers in enabling a renewable energy world.
About the role
We seek an experienced electrical engineer to support pre-sales and project construction of Energy Storage projects in Australia. The ideal candidate must be familiar with power system tools and experienced with GPS process and National Electricity Rules (NEM). This candidate will work with vendors and the team in US to support customer from sales to project execution.
- Lead Power System Engineering tasks, including GPS studies, PSCAD-PSS/E benchmarking, Model Acceptance Tests, Load Flow.
- Undertake model development of plants with inverter-based generators.
- Prepare technical documents including study reports and user-manual documents for PSSE and PSCAD models.
- Assist with engagement of customers and external consultants to support their modeling exercises and complete work in a timely manner.
- Support business development by assisting in proposals and participating customer meetings.
- Work with product team to get necessary certificates for our products.
- Assist with developing commissioning plans and R2 testing requirements.
- Contribute to electrical engineering design phase during the project construction.
- MSc in Electrical Engineering (power systems or power electronics). PhD a plus.
- Proficiency in PSCAD and PSS/E. Experienced with PowerFactory is a plus.
- Experienced with grid interconnection process with AEMO and TNSPs.
- Experienced with dynamic modeling of renewable energy generators
- Good communication skills to work with customers, utilities, consultants, vendors, etc.
- Familiar with power electronics functionalities and power plant control algorithms.
- Flexibility to work occasionally with teams with different time zones.
- Familiarity with relevant industry and standards such as UL 1741 SA, IEEE 1547, and ISO requirements
- Experienced with renewable energy projects (battery energy storage project a plus)
- Willingness to travel
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.