About Energy Vault
Energy Vault® develops and deploys utility-scale energy storage solutions designed to transform the world's approach to sustainable energy storage. The Company's comprehensive offerings include proprietary gravity-based storage, battery storage, and green hydrogen energy storage technologies. Each storage solution is supported by the Company’s hardware technology-agnostic energy management system software and integration platform. Unique to the industry, Energy Vault’s innovative technology portfolio delivers customized short-and-long-duration energy storage solutions to help utilities, independent power producers, and large industrial energy users significantly reduce levelized energy costs while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial reuse, Energy Vault’s EVx™ gravity-based energy storage technology is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the global clean energy transition for its customers. Please visit www.energyvault.com
for more information.
Our purpose: We exist to enable a sustainably energized world.
Our vision: We envision a future where nature and humankind coexist in harmony.
Our mission: We provide energy solutions to accelerate the global transition to renewable energy.
Our values: We Commit, Innovate, Connect, Deliver, and Lead.
About the role
We seek an experienced Project Engineer, BESS Projects to manage, optimize design and lead the execution of Energy Vault BESS (Battery Energy Storage System) projects. You will collaborate with project managers, construction managers, customer, outside vendors, AHJ and consultants. As we rapidly grow and deliver on more contracts worldwide, you will help document and build scalable processes, technology, and products.
What you will do
- Be responsible for project execution, which requires thorough understanding of scope, schedule, stakeholders and keeping all parties in sync.
- Identify gaps in scope & responsibility and work with stakeholders to address them to ensure project success. This will require a comprehensive understanding of engineering, procurement, construction, and permitting process.
- Apply engineering principles and consult subject matter experts, as needed, to identify issues & drive solutions on projects.
- Specify equipment for projects as required, including Transformers, Switchgear, protection solutions, etc.
- Interface with internal (project managers, product engineers, sales team) and external stakeholders (utilities, AHJs, contractors, end customers) to ensure consistent communication.
- Review project design documents including single line drawings, communication diagrams, layouts, equipment test reports, etc.
- Plan and lead BESS project commissioning.
- Provide constructive feedback to improve internal processes and product.
What a qualified candidate should possess
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (electrical or power system engineering) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience of leading project design, preferably in the building of large power stations or PV or other utility-scale power projects
- 3+ years of utility scale BESS project experience
- PE certification or equivalent, preferred
- Familiarity in permitting processes with local authorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, up to 30%
- Comfortable in fast-paced, rapid growth environments
- A passion for sustainability, our mission, and our vision is a bonus!
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.