Terraformation is restoring the world's forests to help solve climate change and build thriving communities.
Our mission is to help solve climate change by restoring the planet’s forests. We believe that native forest ecosystems are the most effective, safe, and scalable carbon capture systems on Earth. We work with partners all over the world to accelerate successful restoration projects and scale this climate solution.
We’re innovating in both forest tech and green finance. We’ve developed accessible, low-cost solutions to native forest restoration, including off-grid seed banks to store millions of seeds anywhere, open-source software to measure tree health and growth, and accessible forestry training programs. We’re also developing novel financing structures to support local communities as they undertake restoration projects.
We’re a unique mix of foresters, technology experts, and creative communicators brought together by our common mission.
Location: Kailua-Kona, HI, United States
Salary Range: $25 - $27 per hour, plus equity (depending on location and experience)
Terraformation’s mission is to restore the planet’s forests to reduce the impacts of climate change and build thriving communities. As the Facilities Maintenance Technician, you will join the Internal Forestry Operations team, which implements our projects to test and guide company products, making native, biodiverse forest restoration the best choice for Hawaiʻi. You will support the Infrastructure Manager in providing infrastructure maintenance and repairs for our forestry team. We support plant nurseries, an off-grid seed bank, irrigation systems, and maintain forestry equipment. This position will also support the Restoration and Agroforestry team in setting up and installing field sites/bases on sites across the Island of Hawai’i.
- Work independently, ensuring safety and adherence to code.
- Perform routine maintenance, repairs, and replacements of facilities, equipment, and systems.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance and repair work.
- Transport supplies and materials using company vehicles.
- Conduct irrigation, plumbing, and carpentry installations and repairs.
- Maintain and service tools, mechanical equipment, and small engines.
- Maintain outdoor areas, landscaping, and rock work.
- Respond promptly to emergency repair requests.
- Conduct inspections to identify and address issues.
- Maintain building systems, including electrical and plumbing, while keeping storage organized and clean.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 4 years of experience in maintenance fields including- handyman, construction, site maintenance, irrigation installation, general mechanic.
- Valid Driver's license at the time of application
- Ability to work outdoors and lift 50+ pounds
- Knowledge of safe use of tools for plumbing, construction, and mechanical work
- Ability to use a smartphone including applications such as calendar, email and note keeping tools
- Certification or degree in a relevant field
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Expertise in horticulture and green sustainable practices
- Knowledge of mechanical maintenance of trucks, UTV/ATVs, small engines (2cycle)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex including gender identity or expression, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, credit history, genetic history, arrest and court record, military service, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status if the domestic or sexual violence victim provides notice to Terraformation of such status or Terraformation has actual knowledge of such status, or any other protected category recognized by Hawaii and federal laws.