Wanted: Production Assistant
Does the idea of making a positive impact on the planet while being part of a high-performance team excite you? If so, we’re looking for you!
- Are really interested in electric vehicles
- Appreciate a good debate even with your boss
- Figure out how to fix it instead of who is to blame
- Paid for your own stuff when you were a teenager
- Are excited about building empowered teams
- Have pulled recyclables out of the trash
- Believe we do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children
- Work to protect and restore the environment
- Aren't afraid to make mistakes as long as we learn
- Care more about your values and intelligence than your experience
- Are committed to creating team dynamics that create empowerment vs. entitlement
Our Core Values:
- Commit to a culture that builds a strong COMMUNITY
- Foster CREATIVITY to inspire fresh innovation
- Embrace COURAGE by taking action despite uncertainty
- Live with Awareness and CONSCIOUSNESS of our choices
- Carry out production, inspection, packaging and machine operation duties
- Sets up and operates injection-moulding machines to mould products from eco-friendly, compostable materials.
- Installs moulds on the machine, according to procedures, using clamps, hoists, bolts, etc.
- Sets machine controls, regulating moulding temperature, the volume of plastic, moulding pressure and time, according to instructions and moulding procedures.
- Removes finished product from the machine, checking each for quality and trimming off excess.
- Labels and packages products for processing or shipping.
- Mixes material and colourant according to specifications and occasionally grinds excess material for reuse.
- Setup shut down and effectively monitor all production equipment.
- Cleans and maintains machines & moulds
- Maintain a safe and clean workspace.
- Assist others as necessary.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to learn procedures.
- Injection moulding experience and mechanical aptitude desirable.
- Knowledge of machines and processes in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience in a production environment.
- Flexible schedule with possible production fluctuations.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and stand for a 7-hour shift.
- Must be able to work in a loud environment.
- Committed to quality, safety and communication.
- Strong attention to detail and pride in workmanship.
- A team-player who wants to participate in green manufacturing and promote a sustainable future.
Commitment to Diversity:
Pela is committed to cultivating and preserving a company culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that we will grow and learn better with a diverse team. When recruiting for new members of our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, and sexual orientation.