The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change.
Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.
We have already attained a market leading position and KrakenFlex is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
As we grow our customer base across Europe, we’re looking for an established Delivery Manager to take ownership of delivery of our portfolio of work and to help us to mature our delivery culture, processes & practices. If you love making things better for customers, building great products, working with technology, bringing people together to find solutions, then you’ve come to the right place. We’re a flat and agile organisation & are looking for hands-on Delivery Managers.
Working alongside the wider region & client account team, the Delivery Manager will be accountable for ensuring that our strategic and bespoke customer projects run smoothly and deliver to plan; will coordinate between multiple external parties; and ensure stakeholders are kept up to date with progress, with risks & issues clearly communicated.
The Delivery Manager will also be responsible for our growing product support team across Europe and will deliver customer excellence through implementing best practice modern customer support processes built upon our existing agile & lean practices.
What you'll do
- Be hands on - plan, track and proactively manage strategic and customer projects
- Line manage customer experience engineers who are the first port of call for our customers during the onboarding and support processes
- Ensure features transition safely into production, and help our teams in keeping our production system healthy using Lean principles in a DevOps environment
- Coordinate across time zones with our multiple long-standing product teams to proactively manage dependencies and drive cross team collaboration to deliver the project outcomes
- Provide Lean and Agile coaching both within the delivery teams and throughout the Company
- You will provide a healthy balance between delivery and sustainability, developing a healthy delivery culture which will increase employee engagement
- You will continuously find ways to make work and results more visible, help to remove blockers and impediments to delivery
- You will help the teams (and the wider organisation) answer delivery questions using actionable data.
- You will develop highly effective team dynamics.
What you'll need
- Experience of Agile or Lean programme delivery at scale, across the product lifecycle
- A deep knowledge of Agile & Lead principles and able to talk confidently about the importance of the Agile technical practices, Lean UX and DevOps cultures.
- Established and executed programs of work, managing budgets over £1m/year.
- A track record of being an expert facilitator with extensive experience of developing individuals & teams and navigating conflict.
- Significant experience dealing with corporate customers, setting and managing expectations and effectively dealing with issues.
- Excellent communications, collaboration and presentation skills
- Effective risk management and negotiation skills - able to balance competing demands to ensure best overall outcome.
- Eye for detail, with a very clear and organised approach to delivery.
- Able to demonstrate significant aptitude for line management: target setting, performance reviews & professional development.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to challenge traditional ways of thinking
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.