About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
This position reports to the CFO for the Americas region and is responsible for driving the financial results of large projects in execution. This position will partner with the VP of Project Management and Engineering to achieve the financial targets for the Americas region. Responsibilities include leadership of the financial execution team, driving the achievement of financial results while ensuring the compliance with accounting, tax, and internal controls requirements. The position requires interfacing with many internal stakeholders as well as with customers, suppliers and outside contractors. This role requires a background in accounting & finance, including contract administration, working with infrastructure and construction projects. Management experience is a must. This is a leadership position requiring transparent communication to executive management.
As the Senior Director, Portfolio Finance and Management at Fluence, you will:
- Drive the achievement of financial results for the Americas region.
- Provide direction and leadership to the commercial project organization.
- Develop organization to support the evolving needs of the region.
- Ensure full financial transparency through timely and comprehensive project reporting and forecasting.
- Develop revenue, margin and cash flow forecasts for the region.
- Drive project teams to mitigate risks, secure opportunities and achieve forecasts; participate in project reviews.
- Work to continuously improve financial execution processes.
- Ensure adherence to applicable accounting, tax and internal control guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to commercial terms and conditions in customer and supplier contracts.
What will you bring to Fluence?
- 12-15 years of increasing responsibility for financially managing large projects, preferably in the energy sector, including scopes of engineering, procurement and construction; Minimum 5 years managing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams to achieve objectives.
- Prior experience as the finance head of a small to medium sized business unit.
- Capability to drive the financial performance of a business.
- Advanced understanding of project accounting methods.
- Advanced understanding of commercial contract terms and conditions.
- Experienced in negotiating directly with customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with executive management.
- Up to 25% travel as needed domestically and potentially globally.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, business administration, or finance
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification desired
- MBA a plus
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.