The Direct Energy Consultant for the Axia division of Q CELLS is responsible for driving revenue growth and profitability through the sale of Solar PV Systems and Electricity Storage Solutions directly to homeowners across the country. The ideal candidate not only has a strong history of top-level solar sales performance, but they also have experience in outside sales, pipeline management, and sales strategy. Direct Energy Consultants will find, qualify, and guide residential customers from the solar discovery process through program enrollment, offering expertise congruent with consumer preference and company capacity. This is a performance-based position where approximately 90% of the leads are to be self generated and approximately 10% of the leads will come from the marketing team. This position reports to the Direct Sales Manager for the Axia division by Q CELLS. This position will be in California and some travel is required. Infrequent visits to the headquarters office may be required - this position may require approximately 10% travel.
- Achieve monthly and quarterly sales targets in selected markets.
- Find and create qualified leads, present proposals, and facilitate signed contracts.
- Effectively manage and follow up on a pipeline of self-generated leads by logging and tracking all sales activities in our customer relationship management platform.
- Build rapport with customers and guide them through the solar sales process.
- Educate homeowners on the various benefits of going solar.
- Guide customers through financing options to facilitate the best options for customers to purchase their systems.
- Accurately field consumer questions regarding the solar industry, incentives, programs and products, and apply them to solar savings and home value increase models.
- Generate and expand referral business through existing customers and personal relationships.
- Attending in person sales meetings with some virtual meetings for continued training to exponentially improve performance.
- 2+ years of outside sales experience.
- 2+ years in residential solar solution sales.
- Proven ability to structure, negotiate, and close residential solar sales contracts at scale.
- Knowledge of residential solar and ESS products, site audits, permitting, and solar installation processes.
- Strong professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A competitive drive and ability to exceed goals.
- Must be a go-getter, creative, and possess strategic planning skills.
- Door to Door sales experience
- Social Media Marketing
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)