Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team of more than 3,660 full-time employees in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
SunPower needs YOU as a Sr Installer! Are you looking for a chance to grow in your career and an opportunity to make a difference in the way the world is powered? Then this is for you!
This position comes with great compensation and benefits!
· The base salary for the role is $48,224 - $72,336. Please note the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and in the geographical location noted.
· Medical, Dental, Vision coverage starts day one, no waiting period
· Short-Term and Long-Term Disability 100% paid for by the company
· 401k with company match
· Paid Paternal Leave
· PTO, Sick and Volunteer time
· Life insurance and AD&D provided
· Unlimited digital workouts through Peloton 100% paid for by the company
· Full-Time hourly role, typically M-F 8-hour shifts, potential weekends
· Opportunity for career advancement
Summary of Role:
SunPower is seeking experienced solar installers, ideally apprentice electricians to join our SunPower Direct Residential program. Working as part of an installation crew, this role will provide opportunities for qualified individuals to install best in class solar PV systems. Many skills and knowledge will be acquired in this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively work in a team to install and seal roof attachments, equipment racking supports and solar panels
- Perform all construction tasks per manufacturer’s installation guidelines
- Electrical wiring of solar array/system (DC and AC)/installing raceways around residential applications: roofs, attics, walls
- Perform site survey activities
- Review job installation plan with Crew Lead
- Assist with project inventory tracking
- Prepare, load, and organize installation vehicles. Warehouse organization required
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety
- Troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Maintain job site
- High School or Trade School degree in a discipline related to construction or building sciences
- Minimum 1 year of solar installation or electrical experience
- Basic knowledge of residential electrical systems
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license and have a personal vehicle to travel between job sites – no use of motorcycles or scooters during business hours
- Reliable attendance required
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Strong understanding of NEC codes with emphasis on residential PV installations
- Proficient in the installation of grid-tied and micro inverter applications
- Excellent customer service skills and solid verbal and written communication skills
- Associates degree and 2+ years related experience
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to traverse/maneuver job sites and survey/assess all aspects of the construction process for extended periods of time
- Ability to climb a ladder onto a roof/walk across a roof/install equipment to roof safely
- Regularly works in outdoor conditions: inclement weather, heat and humidity, cold and freezing temperatures, and exposure to poisonous plants, insects, and allergens
- May be exposed to energized electrical equipment and will be required to take appropriate precautions
- The employee may routinely handle typical work equipment/materials and be required to lift, move and install materials up to 50+ pounds
- Frequent and repeated lifting from ground to various heights up to 50 pounds individually, and team lifting heavier items
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate but could be louder depending on location of install or demo
- Ability to use and learn standard construction equipment and technology with proficiency
- Typical work hours are M-F in 8-hour shifts, potential weekends
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and own a registered insured personal vehicle to travel between job sites – no use of motorcycles or scooters during business hours
- Visual acuity to drive motor vehicles and mobile equipment and to read printed and electronic documents
- Hearing capacity to receive, perceive, and react to common driving and construction environment noises
Note: This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities required of the employee for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and driving history report.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.