Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team of more than 3,660 full-time employees in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
Summary of Role:
This Sr. Supervisor - Field Services position is responsible for managing multiple residential installation crews, reports to an Operations Manager, and works in conjunction with a Project Manager. This position works with the Crew Lead, allocating resources as needed and ensuring project schedules are met. This role is responsible for creating and maintaining a safety-first culture and enforcing this down the chain of command. The successful candidate may be asked to manage projects and interface with homeowners. This job requires a customer first oriented attitude and problem-solving ability, skills in the Microsoft Suite and our internal CRM, and the management/execution of the entire installation process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Jobsite project and crew management
- Review/approve timecards
- Assist in scheduling for Installation Crews
- Job scouts and creates special order lists
- Assists in managing and controlling inventory and consumable use and spend
- Supervises the lead installation techs
- Drive Installation best practices
- Drive safety and quality initiatives
- Perform Quality and Safety site audits as necessary
- Oversee installation quality control
- Schedule and host inspections as needed
- Multitask and track a project queue of up to 20 projects at a time
- High School diploma OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience
- Minimum 5 years of solar installation experience
- Electrical Journeyman's License
- Valid Driver’s License
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Strong understanding of NEC codes, especially with residential PV installations
- Proficient in the installation of grid-tied and micro inverter applications
- Strong computer skills
- OSHA 30 preferred
- NABCEP certification
- Bachelor’s Degree
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to traverse/maneuver job sites and survey/assess all aspects of the construction process for extended periods of time
- Ability to climb a ladder onto a roof/walk across a roof/install equipment to roof safely
- Regularly works in outdoor conditions: inclement weather, heat and humidity, cold and freezing temperatures, and exposure to poisonous plants, insects, and allergens
- May be exposed to energized electrical equipment and will be required to take appropriate precautions
- The employee may routinely handle typical work equipment/materials and be required to lift, move and install materials up to 50+ pounds
- Frequent and repeated lifting from ground to various heights up to 50 pounds individually, and team lifting heavier items
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate but could be louder depending on location of install or demo
- Ability to use/learn standard construction equipment/technology with proficiency
- Typical work hours are M-F in 8-hour shifts, potential weekends
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and own a registered insured personal vehicle to travel between job sites – no use of motorcycles or scooters during business hours
- Ability to travel between warehouse and job sites
- Visual acuity to drive motor vehicles/mobile equipment/read printed and electronic documents
- Hearing capacity to receive, perceive, and react to common driving and construction environment noises
- Ability to communicate verbally with management, co-workers, and the public in one on one and group settings
*The successful candidate must pass a pre-employment criminal background check, a 7-year driving history report, and a drug screen.
$69,700.00 - $104,500*
Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, short and long-term incentives, and a comprehensive and competitive benefits program which includes health insurance coverage, employee wellness, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, paid time off, and so much more.
*Please note the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and in the geographical location noted.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.