At Aigen, our mission is to accelerate the transition to regenerative agriculture—with a pesticide-free, solar powered robotics platform.
Do you have a track record of solving complex engineering challenges and delivering incredible products? Join us to make a real world impact at the confluence of cutting edge robotic technology, agriculture, AI, and climate. 52% of agricultural land is degraded by current management practices, and 60-75% of original soil carbon has been lost in lands used for agriculture (according to the IPCC).
The Role: As Senior Manufacturing & Quality Engineer, you will design assembly stations and fixtures, set up processes and equipment to ensure high quality products, and partner with the design team to drive Design For Manufacturability (DFM). The ideal candidate will have a strong background in designing fixtures for assembly, writing equipment specifications, and hands-on experience with equipment commissioning. Proficiency in programming torque tools and a proven track record of collaborating with design engineers on design for manufacturing (DFM) is essential. This role will play a pivotal part in ensuring the highest standards of manufacturing quality and efficiency in our operations. This role will report to the Head of Production and Manufacturing.
Aigen celebrates diversity in all its forms, and is an equal opportunity employer
Tools: Onshape, JIRA, Confluence, Odoo
- Fixture Design for Assembly
- Design and develop fixtures to aid in the assembly process, ensuring optimal efficiency and quality.
- Collaborate with the production team to understand assembly challenges and devise innovative solutions.
- Continuously improve existing fixtures based on feedback and performance metrics.
- Equipment Specification
- Write detailed equipment specifications to guide procurement and installation processes.
- Collaborate with suppliers to ensure equipment meets the desired specifications and quality standards.
- Review and approve equipment documentation, ensuring alignment with company standards.
- Equipment Commissioning
- Lead the equipment commissioning process, ensuring smooth integration into the production line.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure equipment meets safety, quality, and operational standards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment-related issues during the commissioning phase.
- Torque Tool Programming
- Program and calibrate torque tools to ensure precision and consistency in assembly operations.
- Monitor the performance of torque tools, conducting regular checks and maintenance.
- Train production staff on the proper use of torque tools and ensure adherence to best practices.
- Collaboration on Design for Manufacturing (DFM)
- Work closely with design engineers to ensure products are designed for manufacturability, including ergonomics.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on design modifications to enhance production efficiency and quality.
- Participate in design reviews, offering insights from a manufacturing perspective.
- Quality Assurance
- Monitor manufacturing processes, identifying areas of improvement to enhance product quality.
- Collaborate with the quality assurance team to implement quality control measures and standards.
- Analyze defect data, root cause analysis, and implement corrective actions.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing engineering role.
- Proven experience in designing fixtures for assembly.
- Strong knowledge of equipment specifications and commissioning.
- Proficiency in programming torque tools.
- Demonstrated experience working with design engineers on design for manufacturing (DFM) principles.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Stock options
- Flexible (WFH) Mondays
- Unlimited paid time off (15 days minimum)
- Healthcare - 100% coverage for employee
- Work on a team in which the qualities that diverse team members bring to the table are appreciated