ROCSYS is scaling and we are looking for a hands-on System Architect with technical expertise and problem-solving skills to support us with creating robust and reliable systems that meet the needs of our end users in the Automotive Market. This sector holds immense potential for ROCSYS, presenting a unique opportunity for you to play a pivotal role in establishing and expanding our presence. If you are eager to be at the forefront of building this business, then read on!
You make the difference
As our System Architect, you play a crucial role in our system's journey, from designing to deploying and maintaining it. You will work on complex projects with renowned German passenger car OEMs and use your problem-solving skills and technical expertise to improve our system's efficiency and reliability. With your knowledge of cutting-edge technological advancements, you will assume a critical role in defining the architecture and functionality of our revolutionary robotics charging solution. And together with our cross-functional teams, you collaborate to define requirements, address technical challenges, and communicate system updates.
What you will bring into Rocsys
As a System Architect, you:
- Develop system architectures for customer specific robotic charging solutions (demonstrators, configurable test-beds for clients)
- Translate customer project requirements into technical requirements and specifications for the integration of robotic systems;
- Oversee and manage the overarching design, interaction between components, and interfaces with external/other systems, making use of existing components within the Rocsys portfolio, and filling gaps (or defining/requesting new components) where needed.
- Conduct feasibility studies and risk assessments for proposed architectural solutions;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers & Software Developers) to align system architecture with business objectives;
- Present to and update (internal and external) stakeholders on the progress and performance of the system architecture.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering (e.g. Systems & Control, Mechatronics, Robotics) or a related field;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the robotics or EV industry;
- Strong knowledge of system architecture principles for robotics, and automation technologies;
- Experience with UML/SysML Modelling (e.g. Block Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, State Diagrams, etc.)
- Demonstratable high-level knowledge on software development, mechatronics, system integration, computer vision and robotics.
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities to work in cross-functional teams;
- Project management skills and the ability to lead and mentor development teams when necessary;
- Background in the Automotive/ EV business is nice to have.
- Practical with a hands-on mentality;
- Flexible working hours;
- A happy and dynamic team of colleagues;
- Attractive employee stock option plan;
- Free vegetarian lunch, fresh ground beans coffee, and healthy snacks;
- A competitive salary;
- A highly international context;
- Individual mobility plan.
We are a fast-growing, high-tech, and innovative company with one mission: Powering clean transportation by making charging autonomous! We create autonomous electric vehicle charging solutions by combining soft robotics, cutting-edge computer vision, and added-value services. Rocsys enables its customers to electrify their fleet sustainably.
Our headquarters are in the Netherlands, and we have a sales, service and operations office in Portland, OR, USA. Rocsys was founded in 2019 by experienced entrepreneurs, currently employs over 50 people, and is expected to exceed 100 people within two years. Our customers are major global A-brands, and our 200%+ YoY order growth is expected to continue in the years to come.
Does this sound like you? Then, we'd love to receive your CV and motivation letter!