Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a Building Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for ensuring the proper functioning, appearance, and safety of our facilities. Reporting to the Facilities Manager you will perform a variety of maintenance tasks, including repairs, inspections, checks, and general upkeep to maintain a comfortable and efficient environment for YASA members of staff to work out of.
- Conducting routine inspections of building systems and equipment to identify and address maintenance needs, safety concerns, and potential issues.
- Perform maintenance tasks such as plumbing repairs, carpentry, painting, and general repairs as needed.
- Prioritise work and respond promptly to maintenance requests to effectively resolve issues and minimise downtime or disruptions.
- Monitor and maintain building security systems, fire alarms, and emergency systems to ensure proper functionality and compliance with regulations.
- Collaborate with external contractors and vendors for specialised repairs and maintenance that cannot be handled in-house.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including repairs, inspections, and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and maintain a safe work environment for YASA Staff.
- Assist in the setup and teardown of equipment for events or special projects, as needed.
- Identify opportunities for energy efficiency improvements and suggest solutions to reduce operational costs., including completing meter readings.
- Conduct regular inspections of building exteriors, landscaping, parking areas, and common areas to maintain a clean and well-presented environment.
- Provide support and assistance to other departments as required, contributing to a cooperative and productive team atmosphere.
- Management of hazardous waste
To succeed in this role, we believe you'll need:
- Previous basic carpentry knowledge being able to repair doors, windows, flooring, and basic furniture.
- Previous exposure to painting walls, ceilings, and other surfaces, as well as basic decorating tasks.
- Previous experience assisting office relocations.
- A basic understanding of electrical safety.
- A familiarity with mechanical systems and equipment.
- The ability to communicate effectively internally, providing clear explanations of maintenance tasks and timelines.
- Previous exposure working closely with suppliers.
- A working knowledge of online systems such as Microsoft O365 and Excel
- A UK driving license with ability to travel to multiple sites
Our mission is to lead the design and delivery of the best electric motor technology available. We believe that diversity of thought, and experience is a key driver of innovation. Research shows that while men apply to jobs if they meet ~60% of criteria, women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups tend to only apply if they check all boxes. So if you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point, please still get in touch. We’d love to have an initial chat and see if you could add value.
- Discretionary bonus
- 28 days’ holiday
- Pension scheme
- Private medical plan with Bupa
- 4 x death in service
- Company car scheme
YASA, a Mercedes Benz group company, is leading the way in EV Motor Revolution with our patented and unique Axial Flux Technology. Our motor is more powerful, lighter, and smaller than our competitors. Our spirit of innovation drives us to continually explore and test new technologies, a mindset that exists from early-stage R&D projects through to manufacturing optimisation. We stay true to the freedom and flexibility that drove our success as a start-up, alongside having the stability, security, and roadmap of an established organisation.