About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
As a Energy Storage Fire Test Engineer at Fluence, you will:
- Using technical expertise in BESS to design/plan all UL9540A-related activities which range from thermal runaway initiation and reviewing testing equipment layout to coordinating with numerous technical leads from multidisciplinary groups to compile and interpret all technical items for the test. Be a SME for all UL9540A topics and activities
- Handling critical sensitive test data and ensuring communication of UL9540A-related information is conducted in a structured manner
- Be a point of contact for all communication between certification authorities and testing laboratories. This includes creating and handling schedules and coordinating testing plans
- Be a point of contact for activities such as presenting, marketing, teaching and publishing UL9540A data to relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinating on a regular basis with numerous program and project managers to navigate tight deadlines and meet critical deliverables
- Efficiently and coherently process all test data in a manner presentable to relevant stakeholders
- Be able to make informed decisions and improvise based on availability of equipment, personnel, resources and timelines
- Make decisions related to pressure testing, heater specifications and deflagration designs
- Support logistical activities to ensure testing units are available when required
- Create and handle schedules for testing activities
- In-depth knowledge about complexity of UL9540A requirements and thermal runaway related items
- Participation in UL9540A council as a SME
What will you bring to Fluence?
- Engineering degree in Electrical, Chemical or similar fields
- 7 years of experience in testing, Lithium-ion fire testing experience strongly preferred.
- Deep knowledge of product regulations, safety standards, and certification requirements in the industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to navigate complex compliance issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record in developing and executing successful product compliance strategies.
- Experience with product testing and certification processes
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.