About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
As the Senior Manager of Technical Accounting, you will play a critical role in helping Fluence deliver quality financial results. In this role, you will be a lead in assessing technical accounting treatment of various transactions that are executed by the organization.
As the Senior Manager of Technial Accounting at Fluence, you will:
- Research proper treatment of technical accounting issues and document the Company’s position in the form of concise and professionally written memos.
- Review contracts (both revenue and non-revenue) to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Write and review accounting policies and procedures.
- Support business in addressing inquiries related to accounting.
- Lead financial statement analytical review process.
- Support the annual audit and quarterly review processes through preparation of data and informational requests.
- Lead implementation and adoption of new accounting standards.
- Maintain strong internal controls and SOX compliance.
What will you bring to Fluence?
- Minimum of 8 years of accounting experience.
- Must have experience at Big 4 accounting firm or experience as a technical accounting manager at a publicly traded company.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, business administration, or equivalent training.
- Experience with adoption of accounting standards, technical accounting research and stock-based compensation accounting.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- CPA required.
- Experience with NetSuite a plus.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, as well as possessing strong time management and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with Excel and the ability to automate tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.