Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a Project Quality Engineer to lead all aspects of Industrialisation project-related Quality, for our new range of YASA next-generation electric motors. Reporting directly to the Chief of Industrialisation, you will be acting as the interface to the customer and managing quality responses from first contact through to issue resolution and closure.
- Supporting the implementation and maintenance of quality systems and procedures to ensure compliance with ISO 9001, IATF16949, and any customer-specific requirements.
- Identifying and implementing specific focussed ‘Quality Improvement Programmes’ to deliver robust NPI launch, utilising relevant tools and techniques with a zero-defect mindset.
- Team leadership and line management to a team of quality-orientated professionals.
- Engaging with internal teams as required to manage quality risks and closure of 8D/concern reports.
- Developing control plans and ensuring robust FMEA analysis is performed for all levels of the project with manufacturing teams, aligning with process flows and robust DFM/DFA practices.
- Managing lessons learned activities and corresponding with volume manufacturing facilities to feed forward key knowledge.
- Regularly auditing production processes and work instructions, highlighting non-conformances and driving rectification activities.
- Owning the quality needs of the project to ensure planning and visibility/tracking of key metrics around documentation and processes
- Managing the inspection department and CMM facilities to support production and alignment with suppliers - liaising with YASA SQA teams
- Supporting APQP activities
- Leading investigation of customer and internal quality issues to identify root causes and complete appropriate corrective action paperwork and ensure issues are addressed and resolved.
- Involvement in change management and design for assembly/manufacture
- Taking part in customer/supplier visits and audits as required
To succeed in this role, we believe you'll need:
- Considerable experience in a quality-oriented role.
- Experience with Quality Improvement Programmes, Pareto, PFMEA, 5s, 6 Sigma or similar continuous improvement tools.
- Experience in the use of APQP tools and techniques (including FMEA and Control Plans).
- Experience in the use of statistical analysis, process capability, and problem resolution tools (8D, 5 Why, 6 Sigma etc.) and techniques.
- Experience with internal and external audits.
- Previous experience working in a leadership role, or with line management responsibilities.
- Knowledge of IATF and Process Auditing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Full UK driver’s license.
Though not expected, it would be very beneficial if you have:
- Previous experience working within a tier 1 Automotive manufacturing environment.
Our mission is to lead the design and delivery of the best electric motor technology available. We believe that diversity of thought, and experience is a key driver of innovation. Research shows that while men apply to jobs if they meet ~60% of criteria, women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups tend to only apply if they check all boxes. So if you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point, please still get in touch. We’d love to have an initial chat and see if you could add value.
- Discretionary bonus
- 28 days’ holiday
- Pension scheme
- Private medical plan with Bupa
- 4 x death in service
- Company car scheme
YASA, a Mercedes Benz group company, is leading the way in EV Motor Revolution with our patented and unique Axial Flux Technology. Our motor is more powerful, lighter, and smaller than our competitors. Our spirit of innovation drives us to continually explore and test new technologies, a mindset that exists from early-stage R&D projects through to manufacturing optimisation. We stay true to the freedom and flexibility that drove our success as a start-up, alongside having the stability, security, and roadmap of an established organisation.