Patch is the platform scaling unified climate action, empowering companies of any size to help rebalance the planet while advancing their business initiatives. We provide pathways to do so through the purchase of vetted carbon credits, via one-time direct purchases, recurring multi-year offtake agreements, or an API that can connect any product experience to climate action.
Only Patch democratizes access to the broadest selection of carbon credits across a wide range of technology types, methodologies, and price points. By combining enterprise-grade technology with impartial project scrutiny and transparency across each stage of the credit purchase, brands as wide-ranging as Bain & Company, Route, and Afterpay trust Patch to help them take meaningful climate action while engaging their customers. In turn, project developers driving positive climate action are able to rapidly scale their solutions at the critical pace the planet requires.
We're an experienced team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business working on one of the most important missions the world needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Energize, and more. We are founded by the same team who helped take hospitality tech company, Sonder, from 0 to $2 billion.
In this Commercial Counsel role at Patch, you'll play a pivotal role in shaping our company's legal strategy and road map. You'll be able to develop innovative strategies, drive best practices and programs, and much more while working directly with leadership and individual contributors on things like commercial contracts.
What You’ll Do:
- You'll own corporate and commercial legal matters, with a significant focus on development and reviewing of commercial contracts
- You'll work with our Head of Finance and cofounders to build out a roadmap for all things related to commercial laws and policy.
- You’ll help scale how Patches communicate and collaborate with each other
- You'll build deep partnerships with the leadership team and go-to-market teams
- You'll roll up your sleeves to develop, implement, and maintain legal programs and procedures
Who You Are:
- You have a JD from an accredited law school and are a member in good standing of the California Bar Association.
- You have significant experience as an in-house counsel working directly with go-to-market teams at a startup.
- You have sound judgment, high integrity, and a commitment to ethical conduct.
- You have excellent analytical, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- You are currently based out of San Francisco, California, and can occasionally come onsite to the office.
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The base salary for this role if filled within the United States is $180,000-$200,000. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, location, and some role-dependent factors.
- If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Commitment to Diversity:
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.