The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change.
Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.
We have already attained a market leading position and KrakenFlex is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
As we enter the stage of rapid commercialisation and customer account growth, we have a number of exciting new offerings to launch to customers. We’re looking for an exceptional person to help us continuously deliver features that provide value to our customers.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to work alongside our Domestic Optimisation & Trading development team to help shape and evolve our product.
What you'll do
- Work with the development team to shape the high level roadmap and prioritise feature development across the platform.
- Work with customers and other parts of the business to understand and shape requirements to feed into the product backlog and longer term roadmap.
- Plan, track and proactively manage strategic and customer projects
- Coordinate across our multiple long-standing product teams to proactively manage dependencies and drive cross team collaboration to deliver the project outcomes
- Work alongside developers to build a quality product which customers will love, participating in sprint planning, daily standups, 3 amigos discussions and demos.
- Write user stories; high level user journey and business process flow charts and conduct ongoing user acceptance testing, product quality sign-off, and product documentation.
- Use analytics data and first-hand research to understand user behaviours and inform product and design improvements.
- Help facilitate the agile team, running ceremonies (retrospective, planning, discovery)
What you'll have
- Experience in agile software product management; from inception; requirement gathering and prioritisation through to launch
- Experience in managing a live evolving product, prioritising feature requests from stakeholders and making value driven decisions
- Facilitation skills, and ability to gather requirements from meetings, technical specifications and process flows
- Stakeholder engagement skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills showing the ability to summarise complex problems and recommend concise plans of action, translating for non-technical audiences
- Solid technical background with hands-on experience in web technologies, and a willingness to get stuck into the technical detail of complex services and use cases
- A passion for clean tech and a strong desire to contribute to the decarbonization of the planet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It would be great if you had
- Experience consulting or coaching in a professional services environment; working internationally; or in the energy sector
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
Note: This description gives a feel for the role, however if you’re missing something here but think you’d fit, we’d love to hear from you.
Ideally you will be based in the Greater Manchester and happy to come into the office a couple of days per week! But we appreciate that things have changed and flexibility is at the top of everyone's agenda, so if you would rather be remote please let us know.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.