BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
The Data Capabilities squad is in charge of the data products related to BlaBlaCar members (Identity, Trust and Safety, Community), and BlaBlaCar platform (Authentication, Payment, Messaging systems). The squad builds a data warehouse on this scope to serve clean data to any of the 700 employees. The squad also provides Tableau dashboard, data analysis and recommendations to platform product managers. We also build and own services such as a fraud detection service.
By joining BlaBlaCar as a Data Analyst, you’ll make an impact on our marketplace and apps using data and find yourself at the crossroads of many expertises. Through your projects, you will be working closely with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and Software Engineers. The services are now organised following Data Mesh principles, distributing data ownership to domain-specific teams that manage, own, and serve the data as a product. At the same time, you’ll join a well-rounded and experienced Data team working on a modern stack and you’ll belong to a larger internal community of 25+ analysts.
As a Data Analyst working on the Capabilities scope, you’ll:
• Infuse a data-informed mindset to our Platform pillar (Payment, Messaging, User), design AB test protocols, analyze their impact, and communicate their results
• Partner with our Data scientist to measure and optimize our anti-fraud services
• Support Community Relation Team, in charge of the travel experience of the members, with data in the form of dashboards and analysis that you’ll provide to all company levels.
• Identify and propose evolution for our data warehouse model to ease its usage for you and other analysts.
• Own the Data Mart layer in a multidisciplinary team, working closely with your teammates from different data backgrounds: data scientists, data engineers, software engineers
• Continuously improve how we do data analytics at BlaBlaCar via your contribution to the Analytics Chapter.
• You have professional experience working as a Data Analyst, as well as excellent command of SQL and some knowledge in applied statistics
• You are proficient in data visualization tools
• You have experience synthesizing and communicating data clearly
• You demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think strategically
• You have excellent communication skills and enjoy sharing and learning from others
• You are organized, results-driven, and are able to prioritize in a changing environment
• You are fluent in English
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
🧭 Shared BlaBlaPrinciples
that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
We are dedicated to flexibility, growth and well-being at work:
• Full remote possible in the country of the role
• 4 additional weeks parental leave 100% paid
• Financial support for home office equipment
• Relocation package and visa support
• Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
• Employee Stock Ownership plan
• 25 days holiday per year + RTT
• Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
• 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
Interested in joining the ride?
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like:
• a 45-min video-call with Benjamin
, Talent Acquisition Manager, to get to know you, understand your career expectations, and answer your questions
• a 45-min video-call with Pierre-François Bouquet
, Manager of the Data Capabilities team, to get to know you and present you the team
• a home assignment to evaluate your technical skills followed by a 90-min video-call with Pierre-François, a Data Analyst and another data team member
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.