This is a first-class opportunity to join Sungrow Power EMEA as a principal engineer, specialising in Battery Energy Storage System to join our ESS technical Team based in Germany. As a principal engineer you will focus on technical design and ESS customized solution proposal to support the delivery of the energy storage (mainly battery energy storage system--BESS) assignment and take a leading position in supporting Sungrow ESS European market and development. You will also support the solar PV, wind and other renewable energy projects for the group.
In general, your responsibilities will be:
- Managing and performing high quality technical advisory works for the pre-sale’s activities
- Project manager and interfacing between engineering disciplines (ESS electric, mechanical, civil and control scheme)
- Provide technical input from initial assessment through to technical and economic feasibility of the project and integration with other electrical or generating plants as necessary
- Review overall project conceptual design, detailed design, and design and suggest technical and design improvement for ESS projects
- Preparation and management of specifications, tendering, negotiation, and selection of battery storage system plant
- Due diligence of ESS projects and support customer and lender throughout the financial close process including technical liaison with legal and financial advisors
- Knowledge of renewable generation utility network connection quality studies and PCS dynamic performance approval process would be an advantage strength
- ESS technical specifications establishment as per European countries regulation and international standards (IEC/IEEE)
All good, that sounded great right? Now let`s have a look at your background, so you get a feeling if this could be the right challenge for you:
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering) or equivalent (electrical preferred)
- Experience on BESS technology, Mix of UK and overseas (European) experience would be ideal.
- An in-depth knowledge and field expertise regarding to BESS technologies including the emerging technologies and the international market
- Technical advisory experience towards investors, project developers and experience with BESS plant design dealing with technical advisory support
- International solar PV or Hybrid projects development and delivery experience
- Proven experience in technical review communication with client and other project parties (utilities, BoP, EPC, etc)
- Language: English and German at least C1, other languages are always great to have!
This decade might be overshadowed by Covid19, but sooner or later we will beat and overcome that son of a germ, am I right?
But the true topic for this decade lies in energy
We are more than happy to state that not only We are leading this discourse, we also offer the fitting solutions for it. We have the strongest PV-Inverter R&D there is and became the world`s biggest Inverter Manufacturer, which we are extremely proud of!And now, for this decade, we are increasing our game, and You, You
might become part of it! Besides that, many things await You:
- Opportunities for Career advancement
- Bonus payment based on pre-agreed and signed KPI agreements
- A multinational team awaits You with lots of european and transeuropean exchange!
- Possibility for technical and commercial knowledge increasement in regard to string inverters, central inverters, inverter stations including transformer and switch gear and storage solutions
- Technical and commercial training in our headquarter in Germany and even visits to the big R&D facility in China!